any ideas???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sean5341

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
heys fellow tahoe/yukon lovers. new here and looking for help with repair issue.....was changing fuel pump on 04 z71 tahoe 5.3L with Zin 8th spot in vin. (flex fuel) broke the little end of of what looks like a vent on top/rearend of tank. cant figure out how to get it out of the tank. its made of a purple colored plastic and lookd to be pressed in, but it so tight im afraid of damaging the tank trying to prying it out........ any suggestions or ideas are greatly appreciated. and nice to be here.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

sean5341

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
This is what it looks like.

Attachments

• 20211014_183938.jpg
    20211014_183938.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 6

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what it looks like.

I don't believe it's replaceable. If it's like one on an '02 I modified, it's pretty much plastic-welded in. You'd have to carve it out. Of course, to replace it, you'd have to carve one out of another tank. It'd be easier to replace the whole tank unless you find a way to repair the nipple. Maybe press a double-barbed splicer into the remaining plastic hole, cut the QD end off the hose, slip the hose over the nipple and cinch it down with hose clamps?

Splicer:

51XeDogJ46L._SX342_.jpg

If the hose is considerably larger, you could get this type if the sizes all work out:

51-sDl6rOKL._SX342_.jpg

There's no real pressure in this line, so it doesn't have to be extremely robust. Just air tight is all. How much of the nipple is left on that valve- enough to slip the hose over it directly and hose-clamp it? I know there's a big size difference, but maybe you could make an adapter with a piece of EFI-rated fuel hose. Slip the EFI hose over the nipple, then the original vent hose over the EFI hose and clamp it all.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC