Any Good Headers for Newer Model Tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
That’s sound very good! What’s your cam specs? What is your exhaust setup?
Is yours louder then that? Maybe check for any leaks. I don't know squat about cam specs, so here's a pic of the specs.client_PART_1508895312562_IMAG1609.jpg
I have 1 3/4 Speed Engineering long tubes, catless y pipe with an MBRP muffler, 3 inch in/out. Also has a tune on it.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is yours louder then that? Maybe check for any leaks. I don't know squat about cam specs, so here's a pic of the specs.View attachment 206902
I have 1 3/4 Speed Engineering long tubes, catless y pipe with an MBRP muffler, 3 inch in/out. Also has a tune on it.

Your cam sounds better then mine and mine more aggressive lol. Hard to tell on the idle but I would say so. When I give it gas I’m like wtf! I’m putting it on my lift soon today to check things out. Do you get any fumes at all? Mine is dyno tuned with hp tuners

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Your cam sounds better then mine and mine more aggressive lol. Hard to tell on the idle but I would say so. When I give it gas I’m like wtf! I’m putting it on my lift soon today to check things out. Do you get any fumes at all? Mine is dyno tuned with hp tuners
Hell yeah I get fumes, especially when sitting at a long light. Funny, people roll their windows up. I don't know if because it's too loud or the fumes. Runs like a bat outta hell--when it's running good lol.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lmao! I guess my main concern over the noise is the fumes, I’ll try to take some video here soon but my exhaust sound the way louder on wot! Yours sound

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Lmao! I guess my main concern over the noise is the fumes, I’ll try to take some video here soon but my exhaust sound the way louder on wot! Yours sound
I gave the guy who did the work some cats to weld in but he said there wasn't any room. I'm sure he was full of crap, so they're sitting in my garage in boxes. I think I'll get some prices to get them welded in. NJ is a catted state that does inspections.

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Once you get the cats, it'll quiet down some.

Some. Not a whole lot less. I have 1 7/8 headers with cats, magnaflow muffler and removed resonator all welded with stock piping cat back. Mine is really loud too

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some. Not a whole lot less. I have 1 7/8 headers with cats, magnaflow muffler and removed resonator all welded with stock piping cat back. Mine is really loud too
Over the 2 problems, the fumes is the most important thing to get rid of.. I’m hoping the cattted y pipe will do that.

What magnaflow do you have? Any vids?

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had edelbrocks shorties on my 95 z28 before switching to FLP long tubes when I did a h/c swap. Went to install them and the didn't fit correctly. I sold the FLP's to a buddy, who installed them on his f-body and they fit good. I ended up buying ****** LT's, which fit great.

Speed engineering is a big sponsor on ls1tech

Ah a fellow ls1tech member.