Any Good Headers for Newer Model Tahoes?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just installed my Texas speed cam kit, there long tube headers, off road y Pipe (no cats) paired to my existing Corsa.. it’s way way way to loud.. almost embarrassing to drive lol. Not sure if the muffler got blown out on the dyno or what. Now I’m in search for a much quieter muffler, maybe a magnaflow, I heard good things... I really don’t wanna go buy a catted y pipe to tone it down but that might have to happen also. Muffler first

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I just installed my Texas speed cam kit, there long tube headers, off road y Pipe (no cats) paired to my existing Corsa.. it’s way way way to loud.. almost embarrassing to drive lol. Not sure if the muffler got blown out on the dyno or what. Now I’m in search for a much quieter muffler, maybe a magnaflow, I heard good things... I really don’t wanna go buy a catted y pipe to tone it down but that might have to happen also. Muffler first
Too loud? Got a sound clip? At idle or when you get on it?

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Too loud? Got a sound clip? At idle or when you get on it?

The vids don’t do any justice. At idle it’s still loud but doable.... when you get on it or give it gas it’s stupid. And it’s fumy as hell. I think I’m going to order the catted y pipe to help with the fumes.. it’s bad

sumo

dn ʇǝƃ ʇuɐɔ & llǝɟ ı
Reaction score
Ya man. I always recommend cats, espically if it’s a family hauler. Mine gets a little fumy after getting on it.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The vids don’t do any justice. At idle it’s still loud but doable.... when you get on it or give it gas it’s stupid. And it’s fumy as hell. I think I’m going to order the catted y pipe to help with the fumes.. it’s bad
You should check out my cold start vid. Ours probably sound the same.

jeff laing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya man. I always recommend cats, espically if it’s a family hauler. Mine gets a little fumy after getting on it.

I didn’t think it would be this bad, ordering first thing Monday and a magnaflow 14419. My Corsa sounds blown out

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14