Any GM a/c techs here?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've got it working now. Not quite fixed right but good enough.

Funny thing about the 2000 to 2007 section, I had people telling me I was in the wrong section. ?????

OMG your right. Thought you had a 99 for some reason. Sorry.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I've got it working now. Not quite fixed right but good enough.

Funny thing about the 2000 to 2007 section, I had people telling me I was in the wrong section. ?????

That's because of what you already know. Yours is a GMT400. A very few 2000s out there like that. Early escalades like yours, z71 and limited Tahoe's. The rest of the 2000s (the vast majority) are GMT800. The forums are labeled by years, but really, it's chassis (gmt400, gmt800, k2xx).

I'd still ask @UmmScott as suggested if you have questions.

OP
OP
grouch

grouch

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OMG your right. Thought you had a 99 for some reason. Sorry.

Some parts I get are for a 1999. Aggravating as all get out when there's a split mid year. Next up, change the steering gear assembly. Two different ones and I won't know which I have until I get it off.

UmmScott

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're system leaks youre going to be fighting it and it will be a headache.

Theres no point in keeping charging a system that leaks and leaks fast at that point. Waste of 134a and bad for the atmosphere. (134a does NOT harm the ozone layer but does act as a greenhouse gas)

For pressure testing, get a QUALITY manifold gauge set that doesnt leak. Get a bottle of nitrogen from a local company and pressurize the entire system to 100 to 150 psi.
Observe. It should hold. Mix some dawn dishsoap and water in a spray bottle and go to town. Completely drench the body of the compressor including down by the shaft, any line connections INCLUDING THE gauges themselves. Look for bubbles to appear.

Now wait 30 mins, pressure should NOT move from where you set it. If it does, there is a leak somewhere. If in 30 mins its steady and only drops a psi or 2 i would call that good and evacuate before charging. Yes you NEED to evacuate. Dont just start adding 134a. You dont want air in there!!

Also, if you choose to abandon the rear ac that is fine, just use the weigh in charge for a single evaporator system. You gotta be accurate with the weight if youre using the front ac only. Its an orifice tube and cant adjust itself like the rear unit can.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9