Any Engine Issues With The 2015-2020 Yukons?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
select manual and keep it in 5th gear, no DOD in this mode.

that said, there are a few inherent problems, but vs. the millions produced, the numbers are actually low.

Mike N

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I bought a 2015 Yukon XL in 2018 and have had no problems other than a few recalls. Performance wise, it has been great for everything we need. I did put a leveling kit on it (1.75" on the front, 1"on the back) and trimmed the front cowling (sp?) to get more clearance.

captain

Reaction score
The computer decides and in your case, those four cylinders make enough power while towing, pretty cool.
I'm good with that as long as it doesn't crap out in under 100k. Any indication that the system is going to crap out? Is it a total engineer overhaul or just a breakdown and easy fix?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm good with that as long as it doesn't crap out in under 100k. Any indication that the system is going to crap out? Is it a total engineer overhaul or just a breakdown and easy fix?

It depends on how it fails, or should I say, which part fails. The new system is more reliable than the old but still demands clean oil as dirty oil is the system's greatest enemy. When a solenoid gets out of time, it causes a lifter to collapse. This lifter may keep operating but noisily, it may bend a pushrod and keep running, this can often be fixed by replacing just those parts but the VLOM should always be replaced, or at the least the solenoids with new ones.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
George ramos