Any drop regrets? Problems with ground clearance?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

narcan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I'm thinking doing a 2/3 drop on my 2011 tahoe with factory 20" wheels. Definitely think it will look better, but I have some concerns about ground clearance. I definitely like to unintentionally take a curb every once in a while and occasionally have to take it off the beaten path.

Anyone do a drop and later regret it or find that it created problems you didn't have? Or didn't end up liking it merely for aesthetic reasons?

R3cord303

Posse In Effect
Reaction score
I am at stock height and also stock wheel and tire size. I'm decently tall and nail my head on the lift gate from time to time. I've also almost torn the lip off the bumper a few times. Just things to consider. A 2/3 drop looks dead sexy though.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have 2/3 with zero regrets especially based on how it used to look.

Doug118

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I regret my 4/6 drop on my 07 suburban. it rides like shit in the rear. The spring is so far compressed that the coils hit eachother and makes it feel like I have zero travel in the rear

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to massage all of my fender liners and the little air deflector catches on parking stops and sometimes gets a bit dislodged. I’ve been thinking of trimming it just a bit so it doesn’t. It’s my wife’s Tahoe so sometimes she “forgets” when parking. It also scrapes my driveway so she parks in the street lol

I’ve got a 2/3 drop on stock size ko2’s

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised that scrapes and rubs. I’m 2/3 with 305/22 and just needed to massage my front liners. No scraping of the front lip.

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m surprised that scrapes and rubs. I’m 2/3 with 305/22 and just needed to massage my front liners. No scraping of the front lip.
Lots of drainage and elevation changes in Colorado. Everything was easily massaged minus the air deflector.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins