Any aftermarket push button starts?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Are there any cool different ways to crank our trucks? Seems so outdated after i see all these cars with switch blade keys and proximity push button starts. I want one! anyone done anything like that?

ScottL4619

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't have an answer, but it can clearly be accomplished. My remote start does the same thing that a push button would do, just with the added benefit of being remote and an alarm.

Edit: sorry, the 2nd post wasn't there when I started typing. Looks very accomplishable.

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yukonjacks

A Vegitative State
Reaction score
viper has a module that locks and unlocks doors when you walk within so many feet. Problem is its only available across the pond

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question is how do you get around the steering wheel lock and how to you access the accessory option like if you just want to listen to the radio. cool idea indeed though.

OP
OP
jmyler

jmyler

Full Access Member
Reaction score
question is how do you get around the steering wheel lock and how to you access the accessory option like if you just want to listen to the radio. cool idea indeed though.

If you look at those links there is key that you get cut that stays in the ignition to keep the steering wheel unlocked but the module keeps the car off until you press the button once. Then you are in ACC mode, when you press i again it starts. When you are getting out of the car you press it once and the engine stops and you are in ACC mode again with the radio playing etc. When you open the door it cuts off completely... pretty slick.

Jon Valera

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you look at those links there is key that you get cut that stays in the ignition to keep the steering wheel unlocked but the module keeps the car off until you press the button once. Then you are in ACC mode, when you press i again it starts. When you are getting out of the car you press it once and the engine stops and you are in ACC mode again with the radio playing etc. When you open the door it cuts off completely... pretty slick.

Do they make them compatible with a 2000 tahoe limited? I need that for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne