Antitheft Kill Switch Options?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kna4977

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with kill switches on a 2015+Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade? Wanting to do something that will disable fuel and/or ignition when my vehicle is parked and left unattended and wanted to know what my options are.

James Ward

2015 Tahoe LT
Reaction score
Yeah I bought a unit called 'Cardefender' It is installed in line with the starting and hidden feature. Once the Immobilier is installed, the system will only recognize the signal from the small black fob. And only you know where the main unit is hidden, so once you pass the fob over it, you'll hear a small "Peep" and then you have 10 seconds to put the key into the ignition and start the engine. I put one unit in my 90 Silverado pickup and one in my 88 Blazer. That was about 6-7 years ago and it has been working fine ever since.

The only minor problem is showing your mechanic or Valet how to start the truck. It cost about a $100.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ interesting option, but a failure of OPSEC, if you have to show others & expect them to keep mouth shut ;)

valet is most likely to have cohorts :(

OP,
-good alarms have options.
-also ravelco.com

do a search, pretty sure i recall someone doing a switch for fuel relay or something to that effect

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
charkmapman