Another what should I do thread.... Caddy vs. GMC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

O2bwln

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was in a similar situation when looking to purchase a new vehicle, Denali vs Escalade.

It came down to the wife liking the interior of the Escalade, she felt the Denali cockpit/console was too 'truck like' while the Escalade felt more refined based on the price. The interior was similar once you look beyond the driver and passenger seats but the driver and front passenger zone certainly felt more upscale in the Escalade.

I don't have any regrets purchasing the Escalade and have nothing but positive things to say about the Denali, it just came down to aesthetic preference.

Hope this helps.

OP
OP
RThomasII

RThomasII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update on my crazy idea....

I checked out an Escalade yesterday evening on my way home from work. It's NICE!! I couldn't really tell if the selectable MRC actually did anything but my test drive was pretty short. IMHO the difference between the Escalade and Denali is greater than the difference between the Denali and the Tahoe for sure. Depreciation was BAD but wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. As it turns out the sales guy, whom I've worked with in the past, advised me to wait for the next gen trucks. He then tried to talk me into buying a used corvette that was on the lot. So I'm pretty much taking the collective advice of folks on here as well as the sales guy and I'm sticking with the Denali. Which most of you probably already knew was gonna happen.

On the plus side I did put a parts order in for the GMC/Brembo front BBK kit. So it wasn't a total waste.

Thanks again for all of the replies!

K2 Kaiju

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ever though about taking you current ride in and getting a full custom overhall? Supercharger, new paint, seats, system, etc. Not just a kit, but something just for you. You could turn out with something MUCH nicer than a stock sclade...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Rear cross traffic/ blind zone alert, adaptive cruise, cooled seats, HUD, LED headlights, DVD in headrests, 3 way MRC.

Along with some upgrades in trim like leather and headliner qual, the additional paint options and features could pay for themselves in avoiding a collision and/or retaining the vehicle longer due to the additional amenities.

Trading over to a CPO Esc from Denali will get you a better warranty then a new ride and .. the depreciation hit on trade from used to CPO goes way down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My primary concern is if the Caddy is a big enough jump from the Denali to justify making the move in the 1st place. When I went from the Tahoe to the Denali I was concerned that I would have buyers remorse but the 6.2 and 10 speed made the difference. I know personal preference plays a large part but I was legit curious what others who may have made the switch thought and why. I've got my eye on a Premium Luxury Sport Escalade that I plan to check out this weekend if its still on the lot. Once I test drive I'm sure it will be an easy choice to make.

And while paying for it doesn't concern me, I still don't want to walk away from a transaction that's a bad deal.

Current generation, no. Previous generation the differences were indeed small but added up. The huge price difference of the current generation and what you get is far from worth it in my opinion. I wold buy a Denali of the current generation if I were to buy one but I think they’re all cheap and won’t last like the previous generations have. I would wait until the new body style comes out. They claim there will be a big difference in quality in stepping up to an Escalade this time. We’ll see.

dcyy

Reaction score
My primary concern is if the Caddy is a big enough jump from the Denali to justify making the move in the 1st place. When I went from the Tahoe to the Denali I was concerned that I would have buyers remorse but the 6.2 and 10 speed made the difference. I know personal preference plays a large part but I was legit curious what others who may have made the switch thought and why. I've got my eye on a Premium Luxury Sport Escalade that I plan to check out this weekend if its still on the lot. Once I test drive I'm sure it will be an easy choice to make.

And while paying for it doesn't concern me, I still don't want to walk away from a transaction that's a bad deal.
I looked at both also and got the Denali.A nicer leather interior and diff. headlights didn't justify the almost 20k diff. in sticker.But if you can get a good deal-scratch that itch

maddog1363

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Keep the Denali...will have better overall resale

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

SPDMETL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Update on my crazy idea....

I checked out an Escalade yesterday evening on my way home from work. It's NICE!! I couldn't really tell if the selectable MRC actually did anything but my test drive was pretty short. IMHO the difference between the Escalade and Denali is greater than the difference between the Denali and the Tahoe for sure. Depreciation was BAD but wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. As it turns out the sales guy, whom I've worked with in the past, advised me to wait for the next gen trucks. He then tried to talk me into buying a used corvette that was on the lot. So I'm pretty much taking the collective advice of folks on here as well as the sales guy and I'm sticking with the Denali. Which most of you probably already knew was gonna happen.

On the plus side I did put a parts order in for the GMC/Brembo front BBK kit. So it wasn't a total waste.

Thanks again for all of the replies!

Care to spill on what that brake package costs over the counter?

" Search Inventory " produced...none with that option

R Fos

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have both and love both - - money cant take it to the grave with you. I love the appearance and look of my 2019 Platinum - but my daily driver (Beater is my Denali XL). You wont be upset with Escalade purchase but 4 months into the Denali you wont like the trade difference. I will trade for new Platinum when it hits the ordering blocks but trade my Cadillac for Cadillac - the Denali is a 4 -6 yr keeper (said that with my 2007 189k miles ago still drive it weekly).
Good Luck with your choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd