Another Sleeper...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thought so too until I watched this report:

It's a 4x4 with the L9H 6.2 motor. Meaning, it has no AFM and no AWD, it's not a Denali. In 2010, all of the Denalis had the new L94 6.2 which were equipped with AFM. These also got the Saginaw 9.5" 14-Bolt axle.
Thanks for the clip, very interesting. Seems it is far easier today to roll it back than in days of old. Which means it is happening more frequently… :(

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the clip, very interesting. Seems it is far easier today to roll it back than in days of old. Which means it is happening more frequently… :(
Yeah, makes those CarFax type reports more important than before. If those machines can change the odometer, I wonder if they can write to the VCIM or Engine Hours in the Cluster?

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, makes those CarFax type reports more important than before. If those machines can change the odometer, I wonder if they can write to the VCIM or Engine Hours in the Cluster?
Probably depends on where the ultimate information is stored, if it is guarded (encrypted in any way), etc. Sounds like for our GM MY’s not much in the way of security for such things. Soon enough PPVs will start showing up with a few hundred hours on the clock…. ;)

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
I looked high and low for a 09 Esky Plat with 2WD back in '20 and they were either beaters or rode hard and put away wet at Mom n Pop stores. I'm pretty sure I'd have a lead foot problem with a 6.2 and 2WD NNBS.

OP
OP
swathdiver

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score