Another newbie to the Tahoe world

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cheif5606

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
My name is Mike aka chief5606 or Huff.
Recently traded my 2012 Z71 for a 2016 Tahoe LT.
ABSOLUTELY LOVE IT.
Just did a 2/4 drop on it..got a few other things I'm considering to do to it.
Tell me your suggestions. I found this by googling the headlight mod btw..which i intend to do asap

IMG_20210315_165327_183.jpg

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome from Miami Beach Mike!

Nice Tahoe! Perfect color!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Folks here absolutely love to help you spend your money!!

Regarding recommended mods, I would first recommend a Black Bear Performance tune, which will run in the neighborhood of $600. This tune will modify your ECM and also your TCM (so that shifting performance will also be improved, which can make as much a difference in performance as the ECM tune). And with this purchase, you will be able to obtain additional free tune adjustments for the life of your truck, whenever you make a mod for which a tune adjustment would be appropriate (cam, headers, CAI, tire size change, etc.). You can obtain the tune totally remotely with BBP, and I would suggest that you call @BlackBearPerf and discuss your needs with them. You won't be disappointed. A good tune is the best performance mod you can make for your dollar, IMO.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9