Another issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When i brake when going over a bump like pulling in my driveway the brakes grind then the traction control light flashes when they do grind. Its not an all the time thing, i pulled in my driveway about 10 times to see what could cause it and it did it 3 of those 10 times. I haven't been able to figure exactly what makes it do it yet. Any ideas?

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
When i brake when going over a bump like pulling in my driveway the brakes grind then the traction control light flashes when they do grind. Its not an all the time thing, i pulled in my driveway about 10 times to see what could cause it and it did it 3 of those 10 times. I haven't been able to figure exactly what makes it do it yet. Any ideas?

You sure it's the brakes grinding? I might think a hub assy. since the speed sensor is in there. Put it up and see if it is rough spinning or if you have any 12-6 play.

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Agreed the only brake grinding would be loose caliper or rotor but you’d feel that every time. Sounds like something in hub moving causing the error light.

OP
OP
dreww2001

dreww2001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you! That does make sense I’ll check it out when I get home!

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The “ grind” feeling may just be the ABS actuating.

My old 93 did the same while braking over a bump. Possible signal loss from a wheel sensor or erroneous reading during brakes on while hitting a bump, maybe wire flex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu