Another 6.2 for 5.3 swap going on.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

randeez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dsxtuning kit is just about plug and play except for adding the pin to the ecm, but even that is easy.

by the time you buy the qdc adapters, sensor, pigtail (wire it), and make up a hose you dont come out much cheaper.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the dsxtuning kit is just about plug and play except for adding the pin to the ecm, but even that is easy.

by the time you buy the qdc adapters, sensor, pigtail (wire it), and make up a hose you dont come out much cheaper.

Just watched a Goat Rope Garage video on this. He used a GM sensor, and some stainless unions. Just cut a section out of the fuel pipe on the frame rail and spliced it in. He didn't specify on the wiring, though. That DSXTuning kit locates it on the manifold. I already have 3/8" QDs for the factory nylon hoses, so maybe I can splice it in near the tank. My concern is having a leak on top of the engine.

OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So a pretty dark day for me. I just showed up at the tuner because they weren't being very responsive over the phone. They told me the truck was almost done but that the right side catalytic converter was "pretty clogged" and I needed to be careful driving it so it didn't overheat that on my way home. I left their lot with it feeling funky and only got about half a mile before the truck shut down.

After sitting in the cold for a while and waiting for them to call me back with some kind of explanation and solution I started it again to see if I could limp it home in chunks to get at the cats myself.

It drove a bit farther and I noticed I had the oil pressure nearly pegged. ?? Shortly after that, ripping along at 20 mph with bad noises I looked again and my oil pressure was sitting on zero. Shit! I shut it down again and coasted to the safest spot I could find and checked the oil. Gone. Nothing on the dipstick and smoke coming out of the tube. WTF!

I finally called AAA to get me home and sat on the road for almost 3 hours waiting for them. Some amazing people asked if I was okay and half kidding I told one guy I could use some oil. He pulled over and pulled out a jug and funnel and we poured some in. Now on the dipstick I started it again to find no oil pressure. I let it run a few seconds knowing it could take a bit to prime the system. Still nothing so I shut it down.

Eventually the AAA app on my phone said the truck was there except it wasn't. I waited a while longer and fearing the truck had gone up a driveway and wss hooking up someone else's white Tahoe I dialed AAA and sat on hold a couple more minutes. Just as I got a person I saw the truck. Nice driver got my Tahoe home. It's in the garage waiting for me to figure out what all is wrong now. Oh yeah, sitting on the road with the radio and flashers on the battery died completely so i didn't even have flashers.

OP
OP
PatDTN

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get new cats. I can't afford anything exotic but I'm not sure what to get. From behind the Y pipe it's stock 5.3. Obviously the new engine is 6.2. If I buy the Y pipe with cats for the 6.2 will it bolt up to my system?

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds awful man sorry.

I hope the oil pressure issue isnt from running with no oil and damaging the bearings.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I need to get new cats. I can't afford anything exotic but I'm not sure what to get. From behind the Y pipe it's stock 5.3. Obviously the new engine is 6.2. If I buy the Y pipe with cats for the 6.2 will it bolt up to my system?

The y pipe with cats from GM costs more than a lot of header systems.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
So a pretty dark day for me. I just showed up at the tuner because they weren't being very responsive over the phone. They told me the truck was almost done but that the right side catalytic converter was "pretty clogged" and I needed to be careful driving it so it didn't overheat that on my way home. I left their lot with it feeling funky and only got about half a mile before the truck shut down.

After sitting in the cold for a while and waiting for them to call me back with some kind of explanation and solution I started it again to see if I could limp it home in chunks to get at the cats myself.

It drove a bit farther and I noticed I had the oil pressure nearly pegged. ?? Shortly after that, ripping along at 20 mph with bad noises I looked again and my oil pressure was sitting on zero. Shit! I shut it down again and coasted to the safest spot I could find and checked the oil. Gone. Nothing on the dipstick and smoke coming out of the tube. WTF!

I finally called AAA to get me home and sat on the road for almost 3 hours waiting for them. Some amazing people asked if I was okay and half kidding I told one guy I could use some oil. He pulled over and pulled out a jug and funnel and we poured some in. Now on the dipstick I started it again to find no oil pressure. I let it run a few seconds knowing it could take a bit to prime the system. Still nothing so I shut it down.

Eventually the AAA app on my phone said the truck was there except it wasn't. I waited a while longer and fearing the truck had gone up a driveway and wss hooking up someone else's white Tahoe I dialed AAA and sat on hold a couple more minutes. Just as I got a person I saw the truck. Nice driver got my Tahoe home. It's in the garage waiting for me to figure out what all is wrong now. Oh yeah, sitting on the road with the radio and flashers on the battery died completely so i didn't even have flashers.
That totally sux! I wonder if your tuner was somehow at fault. Got my fingers crossed for you buddy!!!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts