Amp bypass

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marbor

Reaction score
Hello all
Has anyone done the amp bypass using the Saturn wiring kits and if so were you able to get the rear pillar speakers to work?
I just did this mod and although it worked as should I lost my 2 pillars and sub, only have the door speakers running. I want to get the pillars going because I just installed a 5Ch amp and installed tweeters in the front door and rear pillar in place of the 3-1/2 speakers with a 12 in the rear.
Any help would be fantastic.
I have a 01 Yukon xl sle

Newyukonguy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello all
Has anyone done the amp bypass using the Saturn wiring kits and if so were you able to get the rear pillar speakers to work?
I just did this mod and although it worked as should I lost my 2 pillars and sub, only have the door speakers running. I want to get the pillars going because I just installed a 5Ch amp and installed tweeters in the front door and rear pillar in place of the 3-1/2 speakers with a 12 in the rear.
Any help would be fantastic.
I have a 01 Yukon xl sle
I don't know if you found a solution but there is a detailed guide here http://www.savagehomeautomation.com/projects/bypass-factory-ampcrossover-in-2002-chevy-tahoe.html
It has instructions on using the metra 71-2003 (I think that's the correct number) with the 70-2002 so you can retain the rear speakers as well. Please give an update if it works I'm about to do the same in my 02 yukon

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
I don't know if you found a solution but there is a detailed guide here http://www.savagehomeautomation.com/projects/bypass-factory-ampcrossover-in-2002-chevy-tahoe.html
It has instructions on using the metra 71-2003 (I think that's the correct number) with the 70-2002 so you can retain the rear speakers as well. Please give an update if it works I'm about to do the same in my 02 yukon

So I did the harness mod and worked like a charm. Only issue is you will loose the factory sub and rear pillars. I reached out to Crutchfield after buying a radio and amp from them. They sent me the factory wiring schematic for my truck and all I did was tap the rear pillar into the rear speakers and replaced the factory pillar speakers with kicker tweeters. Sounds awesome. I left the sub off since it sounded like crap anyway and tossed a small box with a 12” sub.

OP
OP
Marbor

Marbor

Reaction score
Just a heads up I bought the harness off eBay apparently there’s a 17 and 15 pin Same harness just less wire we’re I was missing a speaker hookup. I just ended up ordering another harness since it only cost $3 plus side I had the extra pins to connect the pillars so it worked out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
labans