Am I getting the run around on a 22?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DOSP - Dealer Order Submission Process

The weekly process consists of 4 stages.

1. Constraints Distribution - Dealers are informed on constraints to review before placing orders. (A Constraint is a limit placed on specific build configurations.)

2. Dealer Order Submission - Dealers can order on Thursday, Friday or no later than midnight on Saturday. (You can submit orders earlier but you don't know the constraints.)

3. The 4-Pass Process - GM will attempt to place each dealer’s orders on Mondays using a 4-Pass process. (At this point a dealer may get more or less than what they were allocated.)

4. Dealer Review - You can review your placed orders for changes or replacements until Tuesday at 9pm ET. That's when the accepted orders are sent to production control.

Z15

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some more info to digest...............

Allocations – The number of a particular vehicle model a dealer is assigned by GM.

Consensus – The planning and forecasting of vehicles between the dealer and GM. A quantity of vehicles that a dealer requests for a given production period from GM. Based on GM data and constraints they may or may not receive the amount requested.

Constraints – Items that are unavailable for ordering due to plant or supplier issues. This could be a certain option or an entire model of vehicle.

Event code – The status that indicates a certain point in the life cycle of a vechicle. A list of event codes can be found here http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9714

GM OrderWORKBENCH – The website used for ordering GM vehicles.

Final Allocation by Week Report – This report shows a dealer’s final allocation quantities for the specified production period.

Pass 1 – The preliminary pass of the vehicle order process which looks at only the quantity of preliminary orders that equals the lower of a dealer’s allocation quantity and desired quantity.

PDI – Pre-Delivery Inspection

Preferenced – Order has been sent to one of the GM production management systems

Preliminary order – A vehicle order that has been submitted to GM through the OrderWORKBENCH system. It would have successfully gone through Pass One. These orders have an Event Code of 1100 (Preliminary Order Accepted)

Priority number – Indicates the dealer’s preference for the placement of a preliminary order. The lower the number the higher the priority. A sold order defaults to a priority of 1, stock orders default to a priority of 99. Priority 0 means that the dealer does not want GM to place the order. The dealer can change these numbers as needed.

Sold order – A preliminary order that is placed for a customer

TPP – Target Production Period – The date range used in order to define the effective period for a marketing or allocation constraint. Also the period when a specified number of vehicles is scheduled to be produced, typically a 1-2 week period.

TPW – Target Production Week – The week in which the specified vehicle is expected to be built.

How it all works:

Consensus:

Dealer puts in for requested quantities of different model groups

Dealer allocation quantity changes from “production consensus” to “final allocation” after GM resolves any variances between the approved production volumes and production consensus quantities (needs some verification on the days referenced below)

Final Allocation by Week Report is released mid month on Wednesday

Report shows allocations by week for 2 week timeframe

Allocations are assigned on Thursday each week

Dealers have until the following Tuesday to resolve constraint issues before orders are pulled

Ordering:

Order is configured in GM OrderWORKBENCH

Customer information is assigned to order

Order is checked for constraints

Order number is generated

By default the sold order is given priority number of 1

After consensus and dealer receives allocation they can apply it to an order

If there are no constraints it will be preferenced

If no action is taken the system will pull the lowest priority number order (1-99)

If multiple orders are at the same priority number it will pull the oldest order first (need verification)

As long as there are no constraints it will be preferenced

If there are constraints the dealer would have to either re-configure the order or allow a non-constrained order through

Order is eventually run through Pass 2, 3 and possibly a 4th optional one that can be used and GM may also use

okfoz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the Flint, MI area, and there are parking lots with Thousands, land thousands of brand new trucks around town. They are waiting for computer chips to come in... Some would have to be 2021's others 2022's.

Skud

Reaction score
Spoke with the dealer today and this is what he told me:

They're currently building 55% Denali, 24% SLT, and 21% SLE. He said right now that there are 100% constraints on:
- Air Ride
- Max Trailering
- Denali Ultimate Package
- Denali Premium Package
- Rear Seat Entertainment
- Technology Package
- AT4

He said that his rep told him they're preferring to build base-models of each trim because they obviously use fewer chips but still allow them to "ship" a vehicle.

Driver

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I placed an order in July for a 2021 Yukon Denali Ultimate. Fully Loaded on options Max Towing. Anything I could check on the list w/ the Duramax motor. About 4 weeks ago was told they have to change it to a 2022 and to expect it no sooner than 12 weeks. The only constraint I was told about was the floor mats. I want everything and I am not interested in anything less, so if it takes longer, it takes longer I guess. Just crazy how the car industry is right now.

Skud

Reaction score
I placed an order in July for a 2021 Yukon Denali Ultimate. Fully Loaded on options Max Towing. Anything I could check on the list w/ the Duramax motor. About 4 weeks ago was told they have to change it to a 2022 and to expect it no sooner than 12 weeks. The only constraint I was told about was the floor mats. I want everything and I am not interested in anything less, so if it takes longer, it takes longer I guess. Just crazy how the car industry is right now.
Same for me. I was given my order number and a printout of the order with “PDH not available” for the floor mats. Nothing else mentioned.

Koepp2637

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
A year ago I thought paying MSRP= Crazy.... Now paying MSRP= Lucky....

Its a new world order in car buying and I don't see it changing any time soon....
Completely agree. I was looking for a Yukon/AT4 and everywhere around me in a 300mi radius seemed to be asking over MSRP or none available. I was able to find a dealer getting one produced in 2 weeks and was only asking MSRP for it. Jumped on it as I figured I would not find anything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094