Am I crazy for holding out for a 6.2 RST?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SSGUNNER

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got plenty of time and can wait thirty mins for gas at Costco but I rarely spend 30 mins, more like 15-20 mins. I also use AM/ PM or Arco here in the west coast and they are both top tier fuel. Between the 2 there is like a .30-.40 price difference so my savings are about the same, between $5 - $10 per fill up. Costco is about 3 miles from me and Arco .8 away so which should I use???

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I've had it all wrong the 25 years I've been driving. AM/PM has always been rumored to be ****** gas and I've avoided that place at all cost my entire adult life. I usually stop at whatever station is near me but I never stop at ampm. Anyhow, gas is pretty spendy these days no matter where you stop.

I've also honestly never looked up a top tier gas station in my life so go figure

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What about losing magnetic ride control? You don't miss it?
I had 2016 Denali and the MRC is absolute garbage. I remember GMC had a commercial and said something the there’s a computer doing millions of calculations to read the road or some BS. They should have said there’s a computer doing millions of computations so you can feel each bump, ridge, or uneven surface in your lower back.

cgator67

Reaction score
I had 2016 Denali and the MRC is absolute garbage. I remember GMC had a commercial and said something the there’s a computer doing millions of calculations to read the road or some BS. They should have said there’s a computer doing millions of computations so you can feel each bump, ridge, or uneven surface in your lower back.
Interesting, most people seem to love it. Especially now that the new body styles have an independent rear suspension. I'm very happy with it on our '22 RST w/ sports package. Very smooth ride.

Crzylgs

Reaction score
Interesting, most people seem to love it. Especially now that the new body styles have an independent rear suspension. I'm very happy with it on our '22 RST w/ sports package. Very smooth ride.
I am anxiously awaiting to hear that my '22 RST w/Sports package has been built (TPW 2/14). Glad you are enjoying the vehicle. What kind of gas milage are you getting with it?

Obxhoops

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i had a 2008 Escalade with the 6.2 and 122.000 miles when I traded it for a 2016 Yukon Denali with the 6.2. That vehicle had 101,000 miles when I traded it for a 2021 Denali. Zero issues engine wise with either trucks. I've driven the 5.3 and to me, there is no comparison. 6.2 every time.

cgator67

Reaction score
I am anxiously awaiting to hear that my '22 RST w/Sports package has been built (TPW 2/14). Glad you are enjoying the vehicle. What kind of gas milage are you getting with it?
Gas mileage is not great lol.. but I'm sure you already know that going in. Been averaging about 15mpg (mostly suburb driving).

Illnasty

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s the independent suspension that’s making a huge difference not the MRC.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs