Always get the service suspension message in my display

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DJPoertsch

Reaction score
Hello dear friends here from the forum.
I need your advice and tips on how to solve my problem.

I'm driving a 2007 Tahoe LTZ with an Air Ride System here in Germany. This system was already replaced by the previous owner and changed to normal shock absorbers. The resistors were also electrically connected to each shock absorber and I replaced them with new resistors.

The reason was that since I bought the car, this service suspension light has always been on and I have to delete the error message by pressing on the instrument cluster.
I myself an electrician and know how to properly install resistors. I installed and connected these resistors to all 4 shock absorbers.
What can be the problem why this message still lights up?
Do I still need the compressor at the back or can I remove it? It looks pretty old and doesn't seem to work anymore. Because I don't have Air Rider shock absorbers anymore? Or I'm getting more trouble Codes if I uninstall the Compressor.
I would be very happy about your tips because the report message is very annoying. Thanks to all.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the ABS light on as well?

If not, it's probably related to the compressor. You can't just unplug and remove it since the system needs to see the valves operate with the system self-check. Have you pulled the fuses for the compressor? I think the proper procedure is to disconnect the battery, then remove the associated fuses, then reconnect the battery. Looks for the fuses labeled "ALC" and "ALC EXH". I think that's what they're labeled as.

Since the shocks were replaced, check the harness connections on top of the frame rails next to the upper shock bolts. They are very easily knocked loose when you're working in that area with a ratchet or especially an impact gun to remove the upper shock bolts. One of these being disconnected would also cause an ABS light, though.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Reaction score
Thank you @iamdub

The ABS light does not light up. I only get the message every time I start the Tahoe. Then I delete it and drive off.
I will test it by removing the fuse. Because I don't know what else I can do.
What I also noticed is that when I drive from my home mountain down with my Tahoe I always get this Stability Track message for 3-4 seconds. I already thought that it was related to the ABS But I usually get it when it's raining or cool outside. And only when I go downhill. If I drive uphill I've never had the mistake.

But thanks a lot @iamdub for the tip with the fuse. Should I leave them out completely?

Greetings from Germany

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can leave them out since the system is no longer in use.

StabiliTrak warning message could be from a number of things. Your best bet is to have a TechII or other scanner capable of reading the suspension codes direct you to the fault. It could also help with your suspension system warning issue.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Reaction score
I have a TECH II on my laptop. But I have to find my way around because there are many options that can be used.
I know how I find my Tahoe in TECH II but I haven't found any direct code to point out this Stability Track error. Because it comes and goes by itself.
I will test the fuse immediately after work tomorrow. Because I haven't looked it up since I bought this Tahoe.

Do you know in which fuse box I have to look for the Fuse. Inside next to the driver door or under the hood ?

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a TECH II on my laptop. But I have to find my way around because there are many options that can be used.
I know how I find my Tahoe in TECH II but I haven't found any direct code to point out this Stability Track error. Because it comes and goes by itself.
I will test the fuse immediately after work tomorrow. Because I haven't looked it up since I bought this Tahoe.

Do you know in which fuse box I have to look for the Fuse. Inside next to the driver door or under the hood ?

Under the hood.

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Reaction score
@iamdub
I was replacing all your Fuses as you say. But my message still come on after I start the Ignition key. This Fuse Thing would not solve my problem. Sorry

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@iamdub
I was replacing all your Fuses as you say. But my message still come on after I start the Ignition key. This Fuse Thing would not solve my problem. Sorry

You have to remove them and leave them out. This will disable the ALC. Your message is probably for the AutoRide system, though. What does the message(s) say? Service Traction Control? Service StabiliTrak? Both?

OP
OP
DJPoertsch

DJPoertsch

Reaction score
I was take them out and store it on the parking place of my fuse cover inside the driver door. They not more active. I think it was port 54 and something 58 and 2 of the diagram in the fuse Box under the hood.

Sorry @iamdub it was my mistake .. i was taking them complete out.

DenaliReyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you get it fixed, my 05 denali xl says service stability control. I put resistors in them wires. Has. On auto ride shocks.
I havent messed with the compressor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt