Alternator info

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, random question. Took the Tahoe out later today and noticed it was a hard start and the alternator was very loud and got louder as you pressed on the accelerator until it was higher speeds then couldn't hear it. Could this be a ground issue or a bad alternator or??

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before replacing your alternator check the fuses on top of the battery or on the firewall near the battery (see attached photo), use a Volt meter, test light, or etc. Had the same light but did not check the fuses and replaced the alternator (180 dollars) later turned out to be a 15 dollar mega fuse.

Attachments

• s-l1600 (1).jpg
    s-l1600 (1).jpg
    129.4 KB · Views: 6
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Before replacing your alternator check the fuses on top of the battery or on the firewall near the battery (see attached photo), use a Volt meter, test light, or etc. Had the same light but did not check the fuses and replaced the alternator (180 dollars) later turned out to be a 15 dollar mega fuse.
Well, its a little late for that. I had already replaced my alternator.

Random, went out to go to work Monday and no start, nothing at all. Not even a click. All the lights and radio work just fine but it will not start.
I just replaced the starter and still nothing.
What the heck could it be? Ground? ???

Shackman7878

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Well, its a little late for that. I had already replaced my alternator.

Random, went out to go to work Monday and no start, nothing at all. Not even a click. All the lights and radio work just fine but it will not start.
I just replaced the starter and still nothing.
What the heck could it be? Ground? ???

Sorry for late response all those Mega fuses, control Dash/fuse block, Alternator, and starter. Some Tahoe's they are mounted on the firewall

Attachments

• 1-IMG_0888.JPG
    1-IMG_0888.JPG
    171.1 KB · Views: 10
  • 7jBM1p4.jpg
    7jBM1p4.jpg
    379.4 KB · Views: 10
  • od9AHmK.jpg
    od9AHmK.jpg
    379.9 KB · Views: 10
OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for late response all those Mega fuses, control Dash/fuse block, Alternator, and starter. Some Tahoe's they are mounted on the firewall

No need to be sorry, it's all good my friend.
I had gone through and everything has checked out ok.
I do appreciate the details you posted in the image, very helpful. I'm planning on doing the Big 3 as soon as I find a press for my connections. Thank You

cj6913

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone strayed from the 160 on their PPV. Like backed it down to a 145 or so. I’m not running all that extra lights and sirens and can always appreciate saving a couple bucks

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dvnt