Alternator dies, now multpile systems down (BCM?)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dubyagee01

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the battery for half an hour, reconnecting and try it. The security systems on these trucks stop everyone but thieves.

Nashoba

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Was thinking of that myself. It is just like disconnecting any other computer when nothing else works. Just unplug the thing, like Gibbs does on NCIS. HA! I don't know if it matters a lot but I always disconnect the negative post first and then the positive cable (and connect in reverse order). Hudiburg, Smicklas or any of the other GM dealers should have the equivalent of the old Sun Diagnostic Machines the best garages had in the good old days. Or maybe you know a good local mechanic that has the equivalent? It would be good to see how many "low voltage" codes have been thrown. I had over thirty on my 2008 Tahoe that contributed to the failure of my big screen operation in the center stack. Battery was going bad and apparently a bad ground cable were the culprits.

OP
OP
J

Jberry86

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I took a chance and ordered a BCM with the same part number off of ebay for $72. Swapped out the old one for it, reinstalled the battery and guess what?? I SAW MY DOME LIGHTS COME ON! I ran over to turn the key and she started right up.

It does look like it will need programming, the radio says "locked" and it says "service driver assist," but at least it's working again and I can now drive this rather than my klunker.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons