Almost on the road

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
I bought my truck on April Fools day and we have put a GM crate motor in it, changed out the front seats and put in a new console. Tonight I got new shoes for my Black Betty and I'm so ready for Friday when she gets titled and registered. We got 2017 z71 18" takeoffs with the best riding tires, way better than my 16" trashed out factory ones with some really out of round Kendas on it. I went from 285/75/16 to 265/55/18 and I'm in love. I need to get the bowtie center caps but I ain't hating

20170926_174148.jpg 20170926_174133.jpg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I bought my truck on April Fools day and we have put a GM crate motor in it, changed out the front seats and put in a new console. Tonight I got new shoes for my Black Betty and I'm so ready for Friday when she gets titled and registered. We got 2017 z71 18" takeoffs with the best riding tires, way better than my 16" trashed out factory ones with some really out of round Kendas on it. I went from 285/75/16 to 265/55/18 and I'm in love. I need to get the bowtie center caps but I ain't hating

View attachment 183792 View attachment 183793
Looking good. I love the 2 doors. Got any interior shots?

OP
OP
dkknaebel

dkknaebel

Keeping LKQ in business
Reaction score
Finally have her on the road. A few things I need to address. headlights are very dim, going to polish the lens and throw some new lamps in there to see if there is a difference. I also have a transmission problem. I'm hoping I can fix it relatively inexpensively (yeah, I know, pipe dream). When I get to 35-40 and the transmission shifts to overdrive, it will fall out and go to drive and then try to go back into overdrive. Sometimes it sticks, sometime it doesn't but I honestly don't go any further than 6 miles each way to work and it's surface roads so I'm not going over 35. I know my speedo is wrong because I don't have stock wheels and tires on it. I also have a t-case output shaft seal leak, so that's getting replace this weekend. It didn't leak before we swapped the motor, so maybe that is the cause of the slippage. I need to tighten up the exhaust donuts, I definitely have a leak in there, I'm tired of smelling like exhaust LOL But all in all, I'm really happy with her. Oh and I definitely need to upgrade my speakers and my head unit. This weekend we are doing upper and lower ball joints, inner & outer tie rod ends and the pittman & idler arms. Then off for an alignment. It's not too sloppy up front but there is some play that needs to be addressed. I made the mistake of sitting down and totally receipts. OUCH!

Well here she is, my Black Betty. She's gonna get some fender flares and nerf bars and then we are gonna wrap the hood and the roof to give it that special redneck appeal LOL

20171023_065350[1].jpg

20170926_174133[1].jpg

Last edited:

1BADI5

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've done a steering stabilizer (with poly bushings), poly swaybar end links and 4 new Bilstein shocks.

Next is new upper controls arms (with my lift).

I have a feeling int he spring I will be doing lower control arm bushings, lower ball joints and tie rods (even though there is no play) Might be time for a new steering box

TARDIS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally have her on the road. A few things I need to address. headlights are very dim, going to polish the lens and throw some new lamps in there to see if there is a difference. I also have a transmission problem. I'm hoping I can fix it relatively inexpensively (yeah, I know, pipe dream). When I get to 35-40 and the transmission shifts to overdrive, it will fall out and go to drive and then try to go back into overdrive. Sometimes it sticks, sometime it doesn't but I honestly don't go any further than 6 miles each way to work and it's surface roads so I'm not going over 35. I know my speedo is wrong because I don't have stock wheels and tires on it. I also have a t-case output shaft seal leak, so that's getting replace this weekend. It didn't leak before we swapped the motor, so maybe that is the cause of the slippage. I need to tighten up the exhaust donuts, I definitely have a leak in there, I'm tired of smelling like exhaust LOL But all in all, I'm really happy with her. Oh and I definitely need to upgrade my speakers and my head unit. This weekend we are doing upper and lower ball joints, inner & outer tie rod ends and the pittman & idler arms. Then off for an alignment. It's not too sloppy up front but there is some play that needs to be addressed. I made the mistake of sitting down and totally receipts. OUCH!

Well here she is, my Black Betty. She's gonna get some fender flares and nerf bars and then we are gonna wrap the hood and the roof to give it that special redneck appeal LOL

View attachment 185251

View attachment 185250

Looks great.
Got anymore pics?

Toomanyhobbies

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe trying changing the trans fluid and putting in some additive. You are looking at a $2K job to pull the trans and rebuild it.

Great looking truck!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd