Almost lost the Tahoe today...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, both of my trucks now have alarms on them. Still need to alarm my Suburban, but don't feel like fighting my wife -- for now. We also STILL need to install additional lighting and security cameras. Yay. But at least we have the trucks back, in one piece again.

Spacido

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your truck.
At the moment, in France, an environmental group is calling for the tyres of SUVs to be deflated, which they consider too polluting. In a big city (Bordeaux), they tackled 250 SUVs in one night. With my big Tahoe I stay alert but if I catch one of these guys who prowls around my truck, I make him eat the rim.

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about your truck.
At the moment, in France, an environmental group is calling for the tyres of SUVs to be deflated, which they consider too polluting. In a big city (Bordeaux), they tackled 250 SUVs in one night. With my big Tahoe I stay alert but if I catch one of these guys who prowls around my truck, I make him eat the rim.
Keep in mind, you should not feel such ways! It makes a civilised person such as yourself look bad to your fellow citizens. Now, if the villains accidentally eat some rims when you are attempting to escape them, well that is another thing!

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I actually got the a quote on a rough first draft model from Xometry. I like them better than ProtoLabs because they generate it online and you get the quote immediately, but I'll likely shop this around locally once I have the design files finished. Xometry gave me a quote of $375 for one or $75 each for 25. Since I'm planning on making it out of 7075-T6 it might be good to give it a Type III hard coat anodizing before paint, that would add a few dollars more. I have a pretty nice 3D printer at work, so I'll probably print it once I'm done so I can compare it to the OEM and check fitment before sending it out to a machine shop.

Could do a 3D scan I suppose, but it would still need design work to make the modifications that I have in mind to secure the lock cylinder (see post #155). I just need things at home to slow down a bit so that I have time to finish the design.
Please pardon the thread necromancy, but I was wondering if you ever got anywhere with the door handle?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aray1288