Allharexusa Tahoe headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I’ve never been a fan of the NNBS Denali front ends at all. I always figured if I bought a NNBS it would have to be a Tahoe or Suburban because of that, and add a blower. I never even thought of swapping a Tahoe front clip, and it’s weird that I’ve never seen one so Im thinking it must not be easy or they would be out there.

Everything bolts over... I have seen guys swap the Silverado and Sierra front clips over to the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon trucks... they all interchange.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Everything bolts over... I have seen guys swap the Silverado and Sierra front clips over to the Tahoe/Suburban/Yukon trucks... they all interchange.
Why can’t I find a Tahoe front on a Yukon then? I looked pretty hard, can’t find a picture of a single one. Tahoe clips on Silverado/ Sierras all over. Find us some pics.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Likely because it's much cheaper to just swap the engine out. If you buy all the body parts and have to get them painted, you're probably looking at $5,000+ at a minimum. Paint and body work is very expensive if you demand good results like me.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Why can’t I find a Tahoe front on a Yukon then? I looked pretty hard, can’t find a picture of a single one. Tahoe clips on Silverado/ Sierras all over. Find us some pics.

Well you see, the thing of it is...

When you put a Silverado or Sierra front clip onto and SUV OR when you put a Tahoe or Yukon front clip on a pickup... its pretty easy to notice the difference, that it didn't come that way.

BUT... when you swap the front clips between the Tahoe and Yukon, well... it's hard to tell if it came that way... aside from the emblems and taillights. And my guess that anybody who goes to the trouble and expense of swapping front ends probably isn't going to leave the emblems on them.

Same goes for swapping the front ends between the pickups... how would you really know aside from the emblems and taillights?

Lots of pics of Tahoe front ends on pickups though.

Wish I could be of more help.

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For anyone here looking for LED solutions and disappointed in the AlphaRex option, I used these in a retrofit:

https://www.theretrofitsource.com/bi-led-profile-bi-lens-led.html

Yes I know they are projectors and not super-cool array LEDs but they work much better, and fit our trucks better anyway. The array LEDs, just like projector LEDs of five years ago, need alot more development until they can produce OEM-quality results. Current aftermarket LED projector solutions like the ones I used and Morimoto's M-LED projectors are now mature enough to match OEM solutions. Furthermore, using LED instead of HID removes several failure points and (should) results in a more reliable system.

Tahoe LED1.jpg Tahoe LED2.jpg

Just wanted to note that this is a great option.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know how many burritos you can but for $1K??

I like the look of these for ~$inexpensiver

s-l400.jpg

The Raven

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know how many burritos you can but for $1K??

I like the look of these for ~$inexpensiver

View attachment 231736

The problem is that those are absolute junk. The projector is useless and the DRL will burn out within a few months. There's no guarantee that these Alpharex ones are any better either...i'd like to think the price is higher because they use quality components but it's entirely possible you could spend $1k on them only to have the same problems that the $200 ones have. That'd be infuriating to me.

This is why retros are a thing. No one would go through the cost and work for projector retrofitting if there were complete options out there that actually worked for $200-300. The problem is that no one can build quality systems that work for that money...and very few are willing to pay $1k+ for replacement headlights, period. So there's no market and thus, no product.

5strmtrp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No way would I spend that kind of money on likely poor quality aftermarket headlights. If you're willing to spend that much money, buy a new set of good GM headlamps and a Morimoto retrofit kit and you'll have far better results that will last for years to come.

I’ve done exactly what you mentioned in my ‘17 Regal touring. The stock lights stink, morimoto kit a few beers a bonding time with my gear head 14 year old and it’s better than I would of expected

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The problem is that those are absolute junk. The projector is useless and the DRL will burn out within a few months. There's no guarantee that these Alpharex ones are any better either...i'd like to think the price is higher because they use quality components but it's entirely possible you could spend $1k on them only to have the same problems that the $200 ones have. That'd be infuriating to me.

Actually if you take a look at alpharexusa’s info on their projectors, at least, they look like they’re pretty good quality. Unfortunately like most, they only have a 2 year warranty.

https://alpharexusa.com/alpharex-nova-series-ice-cube-3d-projector-lens/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne