ALLDATAdiy discounts and extra vehicles

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I just got a discount code for ALLDATAdiy to save $12 off a one year subscription that is normally $59.95. I used to have a membership with them. I am trying to remember if they had the ability to add a second vehicle at no charge or a minimal charge. Does anyone know if that option is still available?

I had this posted in the "Garage" section but there were no responses. If there is a better source for the same info, please advise. Thanks

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Thanks to all that may have read my question and said to themselves, "Let the old fart figure it out for himself, since I don't know the answer and not interested in finding it or sharing it". The rest of you.....the answer is, you pay full price for any vehicle you want info for, but are allowed to use discount codes that may or may not be available.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sorry, I couldn’t remember if I paid full price or not when I added my Honda. Guess so. Lol. I got the same email from them as well. Thanks for posting the answer.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That's too bad that is the business model they have in place.

I get that they don't want one licensed user to go out and run a repair business (or possibly share among a few thousand TYF members), but maybe tie the license to proof of ownership (maybe a scan of registration) and VIN, then have Alldata join TYF as a sponsor and offer additional vehicles you actually own at 50% discount...

That would be nice.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
When I was originally a member, a couple years ago, the annual fee was around $30 and then they, I think, allowed you to look up a second vehicle for a small or no fee but you were limited to how many times or how long you could look up that second vehicle. <<<I think.

Now they wany $59.95 for an annual membership minus whatever special discount offered at that time. I asked about a fee or discount for a second vehicle. Not running a business if you are asking about only one other vehicle. Anyway, their first response back was that all I had to do was enter the vehicle info for the first vehicle and then click on "add a Vehicle" to add another but they made it sound like there was no additional fee. In other words, they did not answer my question about fees or discounts for a second vehicle and when I followed their instructions, their system was trying to charge full price for the second vehicle.

I backed out of that and emailed them back with what happened and THEN they emailed me back and apologized for not fully answering my question the first email. It was a classic bait and switch. They were hoping I would pay for the two vehicles and not raise a stink and if I did raise a stink, you can bet it would take an act of GOD to get a refund on one or both vehicles.

I get that they have a right to make money but I am so tired of come ons by companies that do not pay attention to our/my concerns. I used to sing their praises to all who would listen, on this forum and beyond. No more will I do that. I hate using the words "rip off" but to charge full price for a second vehicle is not a good business practice but they don't seem to be worried about that at all.

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No... Be assured, I wasn't suggesting you were running a business off that account.
I was just trying to think like Alldata might think regarding how single user accounts might be used.

I wonder how many more new accounts they might get, if they made it easy and discounted more to add vehicles...

I went on eBay and bought PDF file of the FSM. Downloads included the full book in one file and the main chapters in separate PDF files.

I have them saved to Google Drive, so I can access them on my phone or any other computer.

Many not be quite as searchable as the Alldata, but now I have what I have, with no expiration dates looming over me.
It may take me longer to find stuff in the PDF FSM, but should be good enough for my needs.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
No... Be assured, I wasn't suggesting you were running a business off that account.
I was just trying to think like Alldata might think regarding how single user accounts might be used.

I wonder how many more new accounts they might get, if they made it easy and discounted more to add vehicles...

I went on eBay and bought PDF file of the FSM. Downloads included the full book in one file and the main chapters in separate PDF files.

I have them saved to Google Drive, so I can access them on my phone or any other computer.

Many not be quite as searchable as the Alldata, but now I have what I have, with no expiration dates looming over me.
It may take me longer to find stuff in the PDF FSM, but should be good enough for my needs.
Nope, did not think that at all. Typing context sucks sometimes. ALLDATAdiy should be able to see I was not doing a business when I just wanted access for 2 vehicles.

I like AllData. I used it in my shops as well as Mitchell On Demand. I think I am going to reach out to Mitchell and see what they may offer. Does anyone here have info on Mitchell.