All Weather Floor Mats - Do they have spikes to stay put?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SteveW

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Trying to decide between the GM floor mats or WeatherTech when they fully become available. Can anyone tell me if the GM ones have the spikes to stay put on the backs? I'm sure the WeatherTech don't and I'm wondering about them moving around in the 2nd and third rows. If they don't, do they stay put with people getting in and out?

Aaron 21 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have all GM mats.

Drivers and passenger front mats are very well fit. Also have a snap that hold them in place. Underside has ridges. They do not move around.

Second row and theirs row mat are well fit and have the ridges as well. They do not slide around.

Cargo area mat could be better. Velcro to the back side of the 3rd row seat. Velcro on the most rear section of the cargo mat.

If I knew how to post pictures I would.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have all GM mats.

Drivers and passenger front mats are very well fit. Also have a snap that hold them in place. Underside has ridges. They do not move around.

Second row and theirs row mat are well fit and have the ridges as well. They do not slide around.

Cargo area mat could be better. Velcro to the back side of the 3rd row seat. Velcro on the most rear section of the cargo mat.

If I knew how to post pictures I would.
upload.JPG

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my GM mats. Just wish the middle rows came in one piece, instead of multiple sections that (kinda) link together. The middle piece between the two captains chairs does move a little, but I have 3 kids going in and out.
I've had Weather tech and Husky liners in previous vehicles and prefer the Husky.

Took a 15 hour one way road trip with family and they did their job.

jjobev

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm happy with my GM mats. Just wish the middle rows came in one piece, instead of multiple sections that (kinda) link together. The middle piece between the two captains chairs does move a little, but I have 3 kids going in and out.
I've had Weather tech and Husky liners in previous vehicles and prefer the Husky.

Took a 15 hour one way road trip with family and they did their job.
I added more 3m Velcro to cargo liner and now it works much better. I like the option to put 3rd row up and down and keep the cargo liner in the vehicle. Probably not as great as WT or Husky liner with 3rd row down but serves current needs

adzints7

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had 3D Maxpider mats in my Tesla and highly recommend them. Used weather tech previously front to back in my Tundra, Subaru and the cargo area of my wife’s MDX. The maxpider was better than the weather tech in my opinion. I think they just make a cargo liner at the moment but I’d imagine they will make flor mats as well. Just another option.

Aaron 21 Tahoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I added more 3m Velcro to cargo liner and now it works much better. I like the option to put 3rd row up and down and keep the cargo liner in the vehicle. Probably not as great as WT or Husky liner with 3rd row down but serves current needs

I will have to look into that as well. Not impressed with how it is coming off already. Thanks

tomgilk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Chevy all weather mats and my middle row is 1 piece and its awesome, no issues. The 3rd row has the connectors and its ok but definitely better that is the 2nd row is one piece. Don't have any pics handy but I can get one if someone wants to see it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mont