All Tahoes on constraint except premiers?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Got off the phone with my dealer today, they said they have a Tahoe/Suburban allocation but they’re only able to put in for a Premier trim level, nothing else. Does this sounds right? Essentially saying every trim level is on constraint except premier? We’ve been waiting since May on a Z71 w/ max tow.

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
I just talked to one that said the Luxury Package was on constraint for the past for months. So who knows...

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Allocations are given based on trim level. A dealer will get their allocations and if they get multiple Tahoe allocations they would get something like 2 SLTs, 1 Premier and 1 High Country - just as an example. Sounds like your dealer got an open allocation that you can have, but it's for Premier trim. You can keep waiting and hope that they get an open Z71 allocation, but you need to find out how many other people are on their order list that also want Z71 and where you're at in line.

Also one more thing to add - a dealer gets their allocation based on trim level and then you can configure the options that are available for that trim level, but once you add an option that is on constraint (like Max Tow) then your dealer needs to also be given an allocation for Max Tow and be willing to use it on your order.

OP
OP
T

TrucksNStuff

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Allocations are given based on trim level. A dealer will get their allocations and if they get multiple Tahoe allocations they would get something like 2 SLTs, 1 Premier and 1 High Country - just as an example. Sounds like your dealer got an open allocation that you can have, but it's for Premier trim. You can keep waiting and hope that they get an open Z71 allocation, but you need to find out how many other people are on their order list that also want Z71 and where you're at in line.

Also one more thing to add - a dealer gets their allocation based on trim level and then you can configure the options that are available for that trim level, but once you add an option that is on constraint (like Max Tow) then your dealer needs to also be given an allocation for Max Tow and be willing to use it on your order.
Thanks, so my dealer just misspoke? I’m guessing what they were really saying was they only have an allocation for a premier not a Z71?

dancastro

Reaction score
Got off the phone with my dealer today, they said they have a Tahoe/Suburban allocation but they’re only able to put in for a Premier trim level, nothing else. Does this sounds right? Essentially saying every trim level is on constraint except premier? We’ve been waiting since May on a Z71 w/ max tow.
It's possible, but I believe the allocations are per dealer. Dealers that sell more, get more (different) allocations.
You may want to try another dealer to see if their allocation(s) are any better

todayusay

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, so my dealer just misspoke? I’m guessing what they were really saying was they only have an allocation for a premier not a Z71?

I wouldn't say so much that they misspoke or tried to mislead you (unless there is more to the story)

your first sentence is the way it's set up as...now if they said that all other trims were on constraint, then that's a different story - either they are ignorant of the process or lying to you in order for you to jump on the premier trim since it's available...

process works as StephenPT mentioned...dealer has to get an allocation for a Tahoe along with an allocation for a specific trim if any of the trim levels are on constraint...they also have to get an allocation for a constrained option if that option is something that is a "need" (think diesel, sunroof, RSE, max tow, luxury package have all been constrained items in the past)

the last one we ordered I talked to a dealer and when I inquired about ordering a Z71, salesman said they were on constraint and they weren't building any. I literally hung up the phone and called another dealer 20 miles away from that one and they not only placed my order for a Z71, they had an open allocation and it was immediately accepted - Tahoe delivered a month later...granted that's not typical, but if I'd have listened to the first guy we still wouldn't have a vehicle..

I wouldn't burn any bridges with dealers, but if a dealer is telling you it's going to be several months until your order is accepted and it's not some crazy build, I'd definitely reach out to other dealerships and see what their allocation timeline looks like

WilliamMunny

Reaction score
For what it is worth my local dealer just added 4 new Tahoes to their website a few days ago… all premiers for around $73k MSRP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AT4Hunter

Latest posts