Alignment from hell rant

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn. Glad I asked.

Kid must have been in a serious rush. Definitely marking the $#!+ out of everything. I had planned to drive to the closest alignment shop... maybe i'll go a little further out. There is NO way in hell either of my trucks were properly aligned in the last few years. The damn stock plastic cutout's were still in the arms before I started removal.

Now i've never aligned a vehicle or replace ALL FE components in one shot.. but a good take-away is to do things right the first time when it comes to suspension. Took 16 hours to get the passenger side UCA off this vehicle and about 12 on the drivers side - like hell am i'm going to want to do this again.

Fortunately when all of the steel on your vehicle fuses to become 1, you can have faith you'll improve your angle grinding, bolt snapping, heat torching, and other do-it-right-the-first-time skills. One tip I have is protect yourself, beard, eyes, ears, nose, and lungs cuz $#!+ get's real when you don't protect from salt/corrosives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne