Alignment 4x2 vs 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChemEng

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a ‘22 Z71 with air suspension 4500 miles.

i had some wear on the outside tread on the front tires. Rubbed the aggressive looking outer nubs clear off the tires.

It must have been like this from the factory, I noticed the wear after the two dozen miles but my local dealer said it was normal, took it to a different dealer this time and they had it aligned. They said it was “significantly out of alignment”.

Anyway I didn’t look at the alignment sheet until I got it home yesterday. It looks like they used the ‘21 4x2 alignment specs but I have a ‘22 4x4.

Is there an alignment spec difference between the 4x4 and 4x2? Or are they the same?

Last edited:

Kpwweb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They look about the same bewteen 4x2 and 4x4. I, too, am wearing the outside of the front tires rather quickly. Front tires are shot at about 43k with 7500 mile rotations. With my 2016 I could get 55k out of a set of tires and still wearing well.
2021 Tahoe Alignment-2.jpg

Also, this was the second alignment. With both, we were unable to put the air suspension into alignment mode. Put the vehicle in neutral and it kept wanting to shift back to park. Engine running, engine off, parking brake engaged or off, didn't make any difference. We just aligned it where it sat. Brilliant. Seems like something got missed in engineering.

Anyway, it seems the factory specs are out for the air suspension as they do wear the outside front tires incredibly rapidly.

Greg0220

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
‘21 stock Tahoe Z71 with 40k miles. Tires are excessively worn on the outside as well. Alignment shop tells me they can’t adjust camber. I need new tires but I don’t want the same thing to happen. I’m lost at the moment.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
‘21 stock Tahoe Z71 with 40k miles. Tires are excessively worn on the outside as well. Alignment shop tells me they can’t adjust camber. I need new tires but I don’t want the same thing to happen. I’m lost at the moment.
Take it to another alignment shop. Local dealerships run alignment coupons and their guys are trained specifically to work on your car.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu