Alarm not working after door panel swap

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J Mac

Reaction score
Ok here's a good one. I swapped the door panels complete with power switches between my 04 Denali and 04 2500. After doing so, the keyless/alarm remotes also swapped. It seems the remotes are tied into the driver's side power switch module. The lock/unlock works on both but the alarm will not set on the 2500 now. Alarm will set on the Denali and worked on both trucks prior to door panel swap. I've checked to make sure all doors, hatch and hatch glass are completely shut. Interior lights work correctly when any door is opened. I'm stumped why the alarm will not set on the 2500 now. Not that I really need it...just wonder why it's not setting?

PNWYukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Park the Denali and 2500 driver door to driver door and see if that makes a difference. May be that there is a proximity sensor attached to the module that talks to the original rig? Just guessing of course.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok here's a good one. I swapped the door panels complete with power switches between my 04 Denali and 04 2500. After doing so, the keyless/alarm remotes also swapped. It seems the remotes are tied into the driver's side power switch module. The lock/unlock works on both but the alarm will not set on the 2500 now. Alarm will set on the Denali and worked on both trucks prior to door panel swap. I've checked to make sure all doors, hatch and hatch glass are completely shut. Interior lights work correctly when any door is opened. I'm stumped why the alarm will not set on the 2500 now. Not that I really need it...just wonder why it's not setting?
Put the switches/modules back to the original vehicles. See if it works now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14