Alarm goes off for no reason

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '16 Escalade and for about a week the alarm has been going off intermittently for no reason. I've done an internet search and I've checked the following items:
  • No bugs flying around to set off the motion sensor
  • All doors are verified closed
  • Tailgate glass verified closed
  • Called On-Star and had the diagnostic run and no issues found
  • Dropped car at my mechanic and no codes are being logged and the alarm continues to go off while he's had it.
    • Today he's picking up a backup fob and is going to de-provision the current key as he thinks maybe there is corrosion in in the fob may possibly be the issue.
Has anyone had this issue before and what did you do to fix it?

Thanks

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Spilly

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a '16 Escalade and for about a week the alarm has been going off intermittently for no reason. I've done an internet search and I've checked the following items:
  • No bugs flying around to set off the motion sensor
  • All doors are verified closed
  • Tailgate glass verified closed
  • Called On-Star and had the diagnostic run and no issues found
  • Dropped car at my mechanic and no codes are being logged and the alarm continues to go off while he's had it.
    • Today he's picking up a backup fob and is going to de-provision the current key as he thinks maybe there is corrosion in in the fob may possibly be the issue.

Thanks

I'm guessing back the lack of feedback this isn't common. Does anyone know how to disable the alarm so I can at least lock my truck. I have to leave my keys in my truck as the alarm goes off way too frequently.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm guessing back the lack of feedback this isn't common. Does anyone know how to disable the alarm so I can at least lock my truck. I have to leave my keys in my truck as the alarm goes off way too frequently.
possibly: clean the battery cable terminals, replace the battery.
on the late model trucks there have been (sparse) reports of it being caused by a slightly weak battery, not dead just weak even on battery's that were not very old at all.
you may to browse for "tsb"s technical service bulletins and see if anything rings a bell also.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Not sure how relevant this may be, but my ‘07 Silverado decided to blow its horn continuously one night while out of town at a friends house. I’d start the truck and it would shut off. Turn off the truck and it would start back up. Ended up pulling the fuse to get it to shut of. Took it in to the shop and the fuse block under the hood had corrosion causing it act up. My headlights wouldn’t turn off either. Had to replace the whole thing.