Airlift Installation Pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I dunno, maybe I'm over thinking this with having air line connects next to the gas cap, but I'd be afraid of making a spark hooking up an air line to pump up the bags. It seems like a bad idea to me, but it seems a bunch of people have done this without blowing up their vehicle, lol

Definitely over thinking it... lol

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't cram mine behind the fuel door because not all air line nozzles would be able to fit and fill them. I don't have a pic at the moment but I have on on each side of the hitch. When I'm not towing and the hitch cover is on, they're completely hidden.

This was my thought as well.

I did end up putting them inside the gas door. But, I just routed the lines through the opening from the hinge and laid them in there. This was all a last minute situation as we had to evacuate because of the storm and I needed to get them hooked in a short period of time (because I have been procrastinating about installing them correctly). Now my gas door release does not work and I have to use a knife or small screwdriver to open and fill my gas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd