Airlift Helper Bag Part Numbers for Lowering Springs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Pm me for info i offer all the helper bags for lowering springs

Last edited:
OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
What about for pedders coils?

Should be the same been a while since I did helper bags in those but I put up pics of a truck I did last week the pedders coils next to 5305 pretty much same ID.

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
But while compressed they are different heights. Because the 5305 gives 4-5 inches of drop and pedders barely barely give 3-3.5

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
But while compressed they are different heights. Because the 5305 gives 4-5 inches of drop and pedders barely barely give 3-3.5

overall height is fine. if you measure your pedders coils you will see upper coils are touching also. if you look how much space is on bottom you will see a 6 inch bag will take up all lower coils and fill up the spring area also where at a 8 or 9 inch bag is to tall. You want the bag to take up as much as the free coils (not the dead coils) as you can because they wedge themselves between them when you air it up. With a full 3-4 inch drop the 8 inch bags will rub on the upper and lower mount a lot when suspension compresses which could lead to a bag rubbing and failure. If you have space in there gives the bag a little place to move. Airlift does include rubber pads for top and bottom on their kits i just rather have a little wiggle room to be safe.

I think with my 3.5 drop in back of my escalade its like 7.5-8 inches from bottom to top inner spring mounts forgot what it was exactly

Last edited:

Blazed

Accepting Donations
Reaction score
So you think a taller spring needs a shorter bag?

I posted pictures of the compressed pedders coils and they have to be taller than the bell tech coils compressed because with no spacer you get a 4-5 in drop and pedders is less than 4 inches at all times. If the bell tech coils need a 6 bag pedders would need like a 6.5 or 7.

Unless I'm completely missing something.

I did not see your post after you changed it until I posted the above but still I think it may need more than 6

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
get the truck on level ground.

check to see how many free coils you have and measure how many inches from first free coil to where the springs start to touch eachother

Then you can order the bag kit accordingly. If you think you can fit 8 inches in there and from first free coil to where the coils start touching is 8 inches then go for it.

There is no 7 inch bag which I wish they would make you have either the 6 inch option or the 8 or 9 inch option

Last edited:

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To anyone wanting a 2 inch drop....actual spring..... WITHOUT spacers.....

I run Tony's springs with Airlift 60742, no issues.

bub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
is the top part number for the djm 4" tb coils?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne