Airbag inflator recall now includes all GMT900 trucks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Our trucks have been under quasi-recall for this for a few years now, with no remedy available. Anyone know what the fix involves? Would they be likely to screw something up or cause damage getting to the part they're replacing?

Reaction score
I don't think the dash needs to come apart to get to the airbag, just the trim piece across the front.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bet that the trucks that are registered in hotter temp and higher humidity states will be prioritized. Might take several years to get to some central and northern states.

Derick

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, why is this a new article? For the 2 years I've owned the burb, MyCarfax pesters me nearly every month about it and of course there is no resolution.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb question, why is this a new article? For the 2 years I've owned the burb, MyCarfax pesters me nearly every month about it and of course there is no resolution.
It’s news now because up until this week, GM has been arguing that they didn’t need to actually issue a recall on the majority of vehicles because their research showed there was not enough risk of harm to warrant it. NHTSA finally told them to pound sand and issue the recall across the board. The sucky thing is Takata went bank so GM has to foot the entire bill.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I know my dash won’t come out in one piece lol they gonna replace that when they ruin it to get the airbags replaced?
that is why they don't want to replace it because they know they will be replacement of the dashes as well .. The air bag has a new part number starting with 2

So yes they do in fact have "replacements"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum