Airaid jr questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is this tube carb approved?
Do they make an attachment to remove the airbox and add a cone filter and a little heat shield or if one wanted to go that route but I have to buy a whole new air intake kit?

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
In my mind leaving the stock airbox and the mass airflow sensor where it is and having this air rage junior tube shouldn’t affect the CARB required in California however three of my buddies make fun of me because they mind you I’ve been doing that a lot longer than I have think unless I open up the airbox. With a airaid Junior you’re not gonna see any gains whatsoever so I’m thinking if I remove the airbox and put a shield with a con filter I’m gonna get that fresh cold air out of the fender and the hood should seal the cone inside the shield when hood is closed

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this tube carb approved?
Do they make an attachment to remove the airbox and add a cone filter and a little heat shield or if one wanted to go that route but I have to buy a whole new air intake kit?
It is c.a.r.b., if you need a sticker you may have to contact the manufacture for one, not sure on the filter fitment

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is your existing air box attached to the inside fender wall, and within the air box, does it have a cutout into the fender wall going into the tire well area?

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is your existing air box attached to the inside fender wall, and within the air box, does it have a cutout into the fender wall going into the tire well area?
Yes there is a rectangle-ISH cut out on the inside of the fender and the airbox does sit nicely in that I see.

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is c.a.r.b., if you need a sticker you may have to contact the manufacture for one, not sure on the filter fitment
There’s no paperwork on any website that sells the airaid Junior I did not get a carb sticker OK time to contact a.m. and see what is going on

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There’s no paperwork on any website that sells the airaid Junior I did not get a carb sticker OK time to contact a.m. and see what is going on
it say's right on the airaid website that it is carb compliant, weird though i just noticed it also says not legal for use in CA
raid.JPG

OP
OP
Ghost10

Ghost10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK well here’s another question my truck is a 2018 When I went to the DMV back in January to get new registration and new plates smog wasn’t required in fact she told me I still have several years is there anyway to find out exactly how long I have?

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere the airaid Junior kit is carb compliant but they’re not legal in California it’s a double standard and also that’s Wayover priced 300 and something dollars I paid 125 for the tube and then I bought from the factory sorry find a distributor in AEM pro dry filter for $29 shipped for the stock airbox and the reason why I went with this set up was number one it’s supposed to be California legal number to the whole hot air ““ with a CAI con filter and shield but honestly you know everyone’s been telling me to get rid of that stock Airbox to cone filters take a shield in there you’ll be golden however it looks like era doesn’t sell a shield for the airaid Junior you have to sell that and then buy a different kit am I wrong? Unless there’s somebody on here The bought one of those cheap pieces of shit intake kits off eBay for 50 bucks and just stole the shield off of that

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK well here’s another question my truck is a 2018 When I went to the DMV back in January to get new registration and new plates smog wasn’t required in fact she told me I still have several years is there anyway to find out exactly how long I have?

Yeah I remember reading that somewhere the airaid Junior kit is carb compliant but they’re not legal in California it’s a double standard and also that’s Wayover priced 300 and something dollars I paid 125 for the tube and then I bought from the factory sorry find a distributor in AEM pro dry filter for $29 shipped for the stock airbox and the reason why I went with this set up was number one it’s supposed to be California legal number to the whole hot air ““ with a CAI con filter and shield but honestly you know everyone’s been telling me to get rid of that stock Airbox to cone filters take a shield in there you’ll be golden however it looks like era doesn’t sell a shield for the airaid Junior you have to sell that and then buy a different kit am I wrong? Unless there’s somebody on here The bought one of those cheap pieces of shit intake kits off eBay for 50 bucks and just stole the shield off of that
I don't know about all the fitment stuff on that, as far as a smog in Ca it depends on the age and I think how many owners it has had, for age I think it is 7 years if you are the original owner, and maybe a 2nd owner and/or if it was sold within a certain time period, I think if I sold it now then it would require a smog. (not sure on the details) but I am the 2nd owner on my 2018 and it has not required a smog (yet) I have a CAI on mine that I had shipped from another person out of state because it is not carb complaint and I am not worried about it, when it comes time to get a smog I can just put the oem intake back on, go get it smogged and then put the CAI back on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kwhaleys