Airaid Cold Air Intake

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

drjay2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed an Airaid Cold Air Intake into my 2011 Yukon Denali Xl. Check engine light came on, P0301 error code, cleared that and then started noticing major hesitation when sitting at a complete stop and then gassing it. Should i clean the Mass Air Flow Sensor or sell the damn thing?

Reaction score
Sounds like a vacuum leak. Make sure all hose connections are secure. Also check the small pcv hose that goes from the AirRaid to the hose connection by the oil fill tube.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you should call airaid?? unless thier product says you will need a tune then its supposed to work without causing any problems. they will either offer a refund or give you customer support to solve the problem.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like an air leak to me, or you inadvertently did something to the air flow sensor. This mod by itself should not have caused any codes to pop up.

OP
OP
drjay2012

drjay2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the hose connection that goes next to the oil fill tube, there was no clamp like the rest of the part, i just pushed it in.

OP
OP
drjay2012

drjay2012

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the air flow sensor only goes in one way, so i know i didnt do anything wrong when i installed it

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go back and do it all over and look for something you missed. Either a clamp isn’t tight, the MAF isn’t plugged in, a hose is leaking, the MAF screen or sensor got damaged, is dirty or installed backwards (look at the airflow direction arrow on it ) or something else that you did. It isn’t the fault of the Airaid. Just take it all apart, clean and inspect the MAF and put it back together again.

Reaction score
If you still have issues after that, just put the original on and see if it goes back to normal. If so, then you might want to call airraid and see what they have to say. If not, there's something that has been overlooked.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MikeG1302

Latest posts