Air tools and equipment questions...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

foreverfalcon40

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First and Foremost the Craftsman Professional Air tools are IR Re-branded. I have their 1/2 Adj. Impact Wrench and it is worth every penny (100) i got it on sale at the store.

The only air tools I recommend from HF is their cut off wheel and their right angle drill. I bought a die grinder from them and it SUCKS and broke. Went out and got a MATCO used on ebay for $60.

ONLY THING I RECOMMEND from Snap On is their 3050 Air Hammer. Everything else is overrated IMO. My buddy has a IR Titanium 3/8 gun and it is awesome! If I ever have to replace my Air Guns it will be with the Titaniums...light quiet and powerful.

What type of work do you plan on doing and how often also dictates what type of tools you buy period.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What are the specs on your compressor Nathan? Size of the compressor will most likely determine what I get as space in my garage is limited. So I basically need something that is fairly "portable" but will get the job done.

Craftsman
Single Cylinder/Oil Free
6HP 30gal
135 psi max

photo_zps19dc374c.jpg

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
I do touch hf freight why anymore just messes stuff up more than it fixes it. Tried to buff my sol and it fell apart and burnt the clear off... I have a 26 gallon craftsman compressor and just the usual air tools. Hell my arch welder is a 30 year old craftsman

---------- Post added at 01:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:13 PM ----------

Mine has a operating psi of 150 but can go up or down depending on what I gotta do wih it

scottg918514

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started with 1 gal, then went 6, now 15 gal Dewalt. Also, to get lug nuts off, I recommend a 450 ft-lb or high impact wrench. Mine is 750 at 100 psi.

Gzes

the drifting 2dr
Reaction score
Downside of small compressors is it runs or of air fast. Hell mine runs out fairly fast

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the same cabinet. I really like mine. I bought it from Sears on clearence. Picked it up along with the tall standing one too.

I have a bunch of them.

B.jpg

Left one is all my car wash/detail stuff. On the right is paint stuff. There's 3 more above my bench for stuff too. love them!

OP
OP
07Burb

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dad has a bunch in his garage as well. They are nice!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak