Air suspension pump on 2012 Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My bladders aren't firm after sitting for a few (5-6) hours. The pump comes on for a bit every time I start it and the back raises about an inch.

How do I tell if it's the shocks, pump, or lines? The vehicle has 118k on it

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Get a spray bottle and fill it with a mix of dish soap and water, spray it all over around the bladders and see if you have bubbles, if not then spray the pump and pump lines, I found mine was leaking slowly from the pump release valve line, yours sounds like a faster leak than mine was, they would be empty overnight

kurtibm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It is my understanding that the tank does a 'dump' and re-pressurizes each time the vehicle is started.
That said, I just replaced both of my rear, self-leveling air shocks on my '15 Tahoe due to leaks. A couple of times I would exit the truck while it was running and the damn compressor was running - got worse-and-worse. 94k mi.

From: https://www.underhoodservice.com/servicing-gm-autoride-rear-air-suspension/

Each time the compressor is activated, the ESCM commands ON the exhaust valve for 1.5 seconds to release air from the compression chamber in the compressor’s cylinder head ensuring low motor current draw upon compressor activation. The ESCM also limits the amount of compressor run time to 255 seconds to protect the compressor components from thermal damage.

The system also performs a self test on each ignition ON cycle in which the ESCM commands the ELC relay ON, activating the compressor for 4 seconds then monitors the position sensor’s signal voltage inputs to verify the compressor is functioning and the system is holding air pressure.

Seamus

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Its a great feature on the truck. When towing or fully loaded it makes the truck. I remember all the helper springs or heavy duty springs that rode terrible daily but worked only when towing or loaded. Arnott is a cheap easy fix, well worth having this option. 5-600 bucks every 100k well worth it to me. This post just reminded me to send my old shocks back in for my deposit!!!

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rock auto got me my core charge within 5 days....I thought that was quick.

My only bi*ch was they charged me $ 8 shipping but overall I was VERRY pleased.......