Air suspension lines.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DenaliXL04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just put new shocks and air compressor on my 2004 Yukon xl Denali. The ends of the air lines were stuck so I got replacements. You’re supposed to cut the ends, push the air line end in and then it’s fixed. I cut the end of the air line off and it looked to be a piece of copper inside of it. So I went and connected the airlines to the shocks, plugged in the compressor and started the truck. Compressor ran for about 10 seconds and then shut off. Air bags on shocks are still deflated. Can anyone help me out with some info about this?

OP
OP
D

DenaliXL04

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
4CBAD8FF-37E1-449F-8A32-012F885DC645.png
These are the pieces to repair the air line if anyone was wondering what I’m talking about.

Attachments

• A9F470BB-8BCC-4FB7-AC9A-2DDAE461D38B.png
    A9F470BB-8BCC-4FB7-AC9A-2DDAE461D38B.png
    359.8 KB · Views: 3

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics of the truck, please.

Check to see that you have air coming out of the compressor first. If yes, then check to see if the connectors to the shocks are fully inserted and locked. Sometimes, those end connectors do not fully seat on the shock.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just put new shocks and air compressor on my 2004 Yukon xl Denali. The ends of the air lines were stuck so I got replacements. You’re supposed to cut the ends, push the air line end in and then it’s fixed. I cut the end of the air line off and it looked to be a piece of copper inside of it. So I went and connected the airlines to the shocks, plugged in the compressor and started the truck. Compressor ran for about 10 seconds and then shut off. Air bags on shocks are still deflated. Can anyone help me out with some info about this?
that looks like some kind of janky kit, I would just buy the replacement oem kit and replace the whole line, there is no copper wire in it, it's just a air line.
if your shock bladders are not filling then you still have a leak.

88987900 is the oem part number you want, dorman makes one but I would try and find the oem version it runs about $50-60