Air horn wiring help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I prefer the on off switch control the pump run relay so power disconnected when off. Horn relay Actuates both horns. German wiring above.(almost).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I prefer the on off switch control the pump run relay so power disconnected when off. Horn relay Actuates both horns. German wiring above.(almost).
Is the diagram incomplete or incorrect? This is what I'm gonna follow for mine.

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'll try to find a diagram showing that way. Above will work. Here is basic, pin 87 to pressure switch as in above Diagram. Pin86 power from fused location prefer key on hot. Add wire from existing horn(s) to air horn actuating solenoid.
1625092581288.png

Last edited:

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just tryin to help. Found this that looks best choice on p17.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just wanna be clear here. I want both the factory horn and the air horn to sound when I push the stock trigger (I.e. steering wheel center). To achieve this I should be able to take the two air horn leads running to my push button and simply tap them into the two leads running out to my stock horn, correct? That sounds pretty simple, which usually spells trouble for me. Maybe the trouble is gonna come in the way of tracking down the horn and the factory wires. Lol

Not if those two leads are a simple shunt to sound the air horn. If they go to a pushbutton, then that's what they are and piggybacking them off the two wires going to one of your factory horns won't work. Actually, it might pop the fuse.

If those wires need 12V on one of them and ground on the other, THEN it would work if you piggybacked them to a factory horn circuit.

I'm under the impression that they are a simple shunt. That's why I asked if touching them together sounds the horn with the other two connected to the battery+ and ground, respectively.

Unless I'm mistaken, the factory horn switch in the airbag closes a circuit with voltage on it. Even if you ran the air horn trigger wires all the way into the cab and found the factory horn switch circuit, it still wouldn't work. This is why I asked if you had access to the terminals on the relay mounted to the air horn. You could make this really easy and have it working just like you want sooner than it takes to type out multiple replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9