Air conditioning is so loud!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2019YukonXLowner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2019 Yukon XL Denali and even when it is on low & not auto, the fan runs so loud. Sometimes I have to turn the air off just to have a bit of quiet. Anyone else notice this &/or have a fix?
Thanks!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Have you opened up the fan housing and looked inside. Often, stuff gets inside and may be rubbing against the fan blades.

ReaperHWK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I replaced the cabin filter and the housing wasn’t closed all the way(broken tab). I vacuumed it all out, replaced filter, and got a new housing door assembly and now it’s quiet.

OP
OP
2019YukonXLowner

2019YukonXLowner

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had a similar issue when I replaced the cabin filter and the housing wasn’t closed all the way(broken tab). I vacuumed it all out, replaced filter, and got a new housing door assembly and now it’s quiet.
It's been loud since I got it, but ill have Dealership check it out! Thank you!!

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has the cabin filter ever been replaced? Sometimes there are leaves on top of the filter and since the opening is only big enough for the filter, they get scraped off into the blower motor which can cause noise.

GTNator

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My fan of the same generation and all the other models of the same gen that I have driven before have a slightly (~20% louder) louder fan than other vehicles I’ve experienced. It’s not bothersome, but I did notice it when I first got mine, but now I don’t think twice about it.

Lalo

Reaction score
I got in one day and noticed the same thing on my 2015 Denali , took the fan out couldn't see any significant problem other than the windings looked a little dark , I thought maybe the balancing weights fell off but they were present, I even ran the fan outside of the duct work while holding it , but as soon as I would install it back in the ductwork, it made a loud noise while running on anything but the lowest speed , ordered a new fan from Rock auto installed and back to being quiet again .