Air Compreesor Questions.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

IRQVET

2 Door Owners Club
Reaction score
So I have been kicking around the idea of purchasing an air compressor but I haven't got a clue as to what I'm looking for.

I thinking around $200 - 300

It would be for home/personal use and I'd like something strong enough to run a DA sander.

Any suggestions or mistakes you've made that I can learn from?

road1will

pretty pretty good
Reaction score
Get the one with the largest tank you can afford/have room for. Its annoying working in a garage when the compressor is constantly cycling on. If you have the ability, you should seriously consider a remote installation, and then plumbing your garage for air.

Rivieraracing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1!!
I had a smaller one that was mainly meant for portability and more for nail guns and it would be on non stop for most anything, got annoying and was ******* it real quick, I am running with an older Craftsman 5hp 33 gal one right now, works pretty good for most everything but I really want a 60 gallon really really bad though!!:) It's hard to keep me happy I guess!

Eagle

Thansk for all the help -STAFF!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the bigger the compressor the better, a huge tank with a modest compressor is jsut asking for long periods of waiting for the PSI to build back up so you can use your tool again.

blackcoffee

O.G. Black.
Reaction score
Pretty much man from my experience with air tools / tanks / compressors. Along with the one on my truck and the one in the garage. Get the biggest friggen tank you can find and a strong beefy compressor because your gonna need it. It's one of those things that you go big or its just a pain.

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 PM ----------

BTW Unless you're buying these pieces used and I mean quite used then your looking on spending ALOT more then 200-300$.

BOSS

The People's A D M I N
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You can get a decent compressor for 300. I just bought a 3 yr old 30gal Craftsman vertical compressor for $220, never been happier. I've been painting, sanding, nailing....and it never skips a beat. In fact, I used it on 120lbs for air blasting the dust etc. outta my garage a couple days ago :) ...beats the hell out of a broom.

B

riviera rider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
DONT JUST LOOK AT THE LARGER THE BETTER YOU MUST GET A COMPERESSOR WITH A GOOD CFM RATING!!!! IF ITS LOWER THAN 14CFM DONT GET IT

get a 60 gal tank with a motor that can put out over 14cfm and you shouldnt have any problems

sanddperformance

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can pick up used 60 gallon for under 300 and if it is a older one it will last. stay away from the oilless ones they are loud

TnTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have a craftsman 33gal from Sears its pretty decent for what I use it for

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe1844