Air Bag recall

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i work at the dealer so i waited haha. It was maybe a 20 min job
I do know how long it takes, I’ve pulled mine 3 times. So I finally got through to the service department and asked if I could wait since it’s a quick job. The guys starts out with “well, we only have 3 techs but once we start, it takes about an hour and a half”. I told him maybe more like twenty minutes, I’ve done it 3 times on this truck. He started to stutter and stammer so I just said “ok, whatever”. Then he said they’ll give me a ride home and come pick me up when it’s done so I said cool, see ya in the morning.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I do know how long it takes, I’ve pulled mine 3 times. So I finally got through to the service department and asked if I could wait since it’s a quick job. The guys starts out with “well, we only have 3 techs but once we start, it takes about an hour and a half”. I told him maybe more like twenty minutes, I’ve done it 3 times on this truck. He started to stutter and stammer so I just said “ok, whatever”. Then he said they’ll give me a ride home and come pick me up when it’s done so I said cool, see ya in the morning.
Nothing like an educated consumer to catch them off guard.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got it done today. They called a Lyft for me both ways, home and back. Also had another open recall on emissions so I said go ahead, didn’t want an open recall. They had to flash the ecm for that one. Didn’t say anything about the tune but I’m pretty sure the tune got erased, I noticed the cam lope isn’t there so I’ll reinstall it with the Autocal. It took 2 1/2 hours and no damage was done to the dash. Glad to get that done.:)

Last edited:

Millennium Falcon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got mine and my parents' Yukons done this afternoon. Mine took just under an hour to do, but my parents' took nearly the full 1 1/2 hours. No cracks in my parents' dash, and no new cracks in mine, so I guess everything went okay.

StevenFromTexas

Mr. Negative
Reaction score
Called a Chevrolet dealer (Scoggin-Dickey in Lubbock, Texas) today and was told by a service writer that I would have to leave my 2010 Chevy Tahoe "for a couple of days" and they would have to "R&R the dash". I assume "R&R the dash" means "Rip-out & Reinstall the newly cracked dash" or something like that. Told the service writer "No thanks!" and that I wouldn't be getting the recall work done.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Called a Chevrolet dealer (Scoggin-Dickey in Lubbock, Texas) today and was told by a service writer that I would have to leave my 2010 Chevy Tahoe "for a couple of days" and they would have to "R&R the dash". I assume "R&R the dash" means "Rip-out & Reinstall the newly cracked dash" or something like that. Told the service writer "No thanks!" and that I wouldn't be getting the recall work done.
They’re idiots. Call a different dealer. The dash isn’t even really touched. I have replaced my airbag 3 times, it takes 15 minutes. It comes out the top, easy. My dealer performed the recall in 3 hours which I’m sure included my truck waiting for 2 1/2 hours in the parking lot. They provided transportation to my home and back.

bayareadude84

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sounds like there trying to "Milk" out GM $$$ on labor

Dave

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My dealership is knocking them out in 30 minutes or less.
Im sure most are but they still want the vehicles for a couple hours or more. But any dealer that says they need the truck for 2 damn days and they need to “r&r the dash” like @StevenFromTexas has heard is being taken for a ride. Makes me wonder exactly what they’re trying to pull, maybe sell parts and labor on things they “find” while they have his truck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne