1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Aftermarket Trackbar for lifted Tahoe?

Discussion in 'Lifted Supension - Z71 & 4x4' started by Dustin Jackson, Oct 24, 2020.

1. iamdub

iamdub Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    Kinda crazy 100 ft lbs didn't squash them ears in enough to pinch the bushing. Maybe it's just that much narrower than the stock one. Great job on the simple solution!

Dustin Jackson and randeez like this.
  2. randeez

randeez Full Access Member

Name:
    randy
    i think i added a washer on the inside of the tabs with the del-sphere bushing, this was also to push it further away from the rear axle

iamdub likes this.
  3. Dustin Jackson

Dustin Jackson Full Access Member

Name:
    Dustin
    @iamdub I am not sure what the problem was either but I hope this is the end of it, hopefully anyone else going down the same rabbit hole I did will find this information useful.

There isn't a lot of information for nonstandard track bar setups on these Tahoes. Makes me wonder how many people here are driving around with uncentered rear axles after throwing a 3 inch spacer in the rear.

4. Dustin Jackson

Name:
    Dustin
    Quick update: been running this setup for a while and still get some clunking from the rear, I had my uncle stand on the side of my Tahoe and rock it so I could find out what was making the sound. It looks like the center or the joint has some play on it and it causing clunking, it doesn’t seem like the mount need to be tightened. I am putting a slightly larger rear spring spacer in and while I am in there I will be removing the bar and tightening the joint down as much as I possibly can with the adjustment tool it came with to hopefully get rid of the slack the joint is having. The driver/axle side mount and joint seems fine, it’s the passenger/body side joint that has play in the del sphere joint. This will be my second time tightening it.

iamdub likes this.
  5. Dustin Jackson

Name:
    Dustin
    Update: Today I took the panhard bar out and tighten the del others joints with an impact drill as tight as I could get it and that resolved all of my complaints with the Spohn adjustable rear panhard bar. The ride is very nice now with no clunks and the rear axle feels very agile.

iamdub likes this.
  6. Dustin Jackson

Name:
    Dustin
    1ECEF13B-50D0-4B96-94B1-4ABB557B7251.jpeg

87carl likes this.