Aftermarket Stereo

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Greggo63

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 2004 Yukon Denali with the BOSE system.
I installed a JVC double DIN stereo with a PAC RP5-GM11 interface, now sound only comes out of the right front and left rear speakers.
I took it to a stereo shop and they think it may have something to do with the stock amp, I didn't know it had an amp.
Has anyone dealt with this before?
Any help is greatly appreciate!

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
far as im aware all the bose systems came with an amp. all the speakers were working prior to the hu swap correct? if they were it seems odd to have something suddenly happen jusyt from a hu install. sounds more like there's a minor wiring issue or something similar. as many as ive done and i still occasionally have to go back and fix an oops. big reason why i solder them all now.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The Bose amp on the '04 should be under the center console. You can take out the bucket (8 screws, I think) and get to it to check the connections if you wish. But it sounds more like a minor wiring issue or, less likely, a bad PAC unit.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've got a 2004 Yukon Denali with the BOSE system.
I installed a JVC double DIN stereo with a PAC RP5-GM11 interface, now sound only comes out of the right front and left rear speakers.
I took it to a stereo shop and they think it may have something to do with the stock amp, I didn't know it had an amp.
Has anyone dealt with this before?
Any help is greatly appreciate!

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All these trucks have amps. Both my Trucks are non-Bose and both had amps. I removed them completely from the dash which takes some time.DSCF4002.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11