Aftermarket stereo quit after battery disconnect

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious,I have a little Sony stereo that has been fine till I disconnected my post I've wire on the battery for a fee days.I was doing rear main seal,when to start the truck and the radio is DEAD,wth???

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just curious,I have a little Sony stereo that has been fine till I disconnected my post I've wire on the battery for a fee days.I was doing rear main seal,when to start the truck and the radio is DEAD,wth???
Same thing happens to my 05 Express van, I have a Pioneer DD. I have to pull the radio fuse from the fuse block, and even tho it isn't blown, I have to replace it with another fuse. If I pull the fuse out and put it back in--won't work--need to use a different fuse. Give that a shot.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
are you sure it's dead and not just needing a reset or certain button pushed? I would look and see if it has a reset button

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
are you sure it's dead and not just needing a reset or certain button pushed? I would look and see if it has a reset button
Yea that's what I'm thinking because it's been fine tI'll I unhooked the positive wire on the battery..Idk,it's weird..lol

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same thing happens to my 05 Express van, I have a Pioneer DD. I have to pull the radio fuse from the fuse block, and even tho it isn't blown, I have to replace it with another fuse. If I pull the fuse out and put it back in--won't work--need to use a different fuse. Give that a shot.
That's crazy ,I'll give it a try for sure ..Im stumped to what's going on with it.I'll post back with what I find tomorrow.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just reread my original post,I promise I'm not a crack head,lol,dam phone..

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Just reread my original post,I promise I'm not a crack head,lol,dam phone..
Lol, majority of us got the gist. Hopefully you'll get it figured out. My radio doesn't have a reset button, so I kind of stumbled on MY fix.

OP
OP
Lit549

Lit549

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok,i tested the fuse in dash,also tested radio fuse under hood,both were getting power and not blown.I took the fuse out from under hood and put it back in,radio came on and has worked fine every since..Strange...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ok,i tested the fuse in dash,also tested radio fuse under hood,both were getting power and not blown.I took the fuse out from under hood and put it back in,radio came on and has worked fine every since..Strange...
Yeah, I can't figure it out myself.