Aftermarket radio sugesstions for 2013 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have a 2013 Tahoe PPV with the basic radio.

I would like to replace it with a radio that has GPS, Bluetooth (for phone and audio) cd/dvd player and such. Also uses the steering wheel controls.

I bought one of the Ottonavi units that has everything I wanted only to find out that it worked with 2013 Yukons but only up to 2012 Tahoes. and they do not appear to sell a model that fits a 2013

SO I'm asking for help from the experts.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I should add, the reason it dos not work is the harness, there is only one plug on my factory harness where the replacement harness has connectors for 3/4

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take look at Crutchfield. They are pretty accurate on what will fit and be compatible, and what won't. You will need an additional component to interface with the steering controls. Crutchfield can assist you on this, as well.

I have used Kenwood head units on several vehicles, including 2 Yukons, and they have performed very well. Kenwood has several models at various price points, and most models will have the features that you are looking for.

Good luck on your audio system upgrade project.

OP
OP
madmanjustice

madmanjustice

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Take look at Crutchfield. They are pretty accurate on what will fit and be compatible, and what won't. You will need an additional component to interface with the steering controls. Crutchfield can assist you on this, as well.

I have used Kenwood head units on several vehicles, including 2 Yukons, and they have performed very well. Kenwood has several models at various price points, and most models will have the features that you are looking for.

Good luck on your audio system upgrade project.

I did look at Crutchfield, both of their offerings were over $1000

mattjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the Pioneer 1300NEX and really like it. Check out the build thread in my sig for install and more details.

I got it specifically for Apple Carplay. At the time I didn't realize that carplay doesn't work wirelessly with it but I later learned that the more expensive units with wireless Carplay have a lag when used over USB rather than wired, so I'm glad I went with this one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17