Aftermarket Inverter Upgrade in '17 Yukon XL Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Denalitank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The inverter went bad in my 17 Yukon XL Denali. I'm about to install a aftermarket Pure Sine 1200 watt power inverter with remote switch with a circuit breaker and 4 ga wire. Was wanting to place it under a seat having multiple setups.

Rewire it going to the wireless phone charger
Rewire it going to the original plug on back of center console.
Plug near the tailgate.

Was also thinking of setting up a dual battery setup in the future.

Has anyone done this or have any pointers they can send my way? Thanks [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Other folks will chime in, as the topic of inverters has been discussed before.

OP
OP
Denalitank

Denalitank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Planning on starting project today. Plus Extra battery and isolater. Did the same setup in my wife's Jeep to power 5000+ Christmas lights with lightbar and pods, wheel lights, and underbody all chasing lights. Also had a Amp with 2 bubble blowing machines. Worked great from Nov- January everyday.

OP
OP
Denalitank

Denalitank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Installed dual 12V battery system with Isolator and mounted 1200 Pure Sine Invertor. Works great. I'll post photos when I return from Miami.

captain

Reaction score
Sounds cool! Noticed it looked like a spot under the hood for an extra battery. Thinking of a similar setup to add battery power for my travel trailer while boon docking. Would love to see some pics and some details on your setup

OP
OP
Denalitank

Denalitank

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I would be interested to see your pictures!
Sorry been busy working on my wife's Wrangler and my son's Pathfinder. I'll get pictures on here soon. Kids now play Playstation 4 on the screens during trips. Just purchased Fiber optic twinkle star ceiling kit to install in the Yukon XL

NorthJersey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any chance you happened to snap a couple pictures? Is the receptacle rated for any more than 150W, or are the factory inverter and wire the sole limiting components?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
llujum