After market cold air intake for the 5.3 ppv??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RST Dana

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Volant looks and sounds great. I can feel the difference in the seat too.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
From my days of INDY Car stuff, you can get heat reflective wraps ( Gold material, etc)... or a "peel & stick" metal covered 1/8" thick insulation tape to reflect heat.
That's good stuff. I ran across a lot of stuff like that when I worked at HoneyWell aerospace engine building

gpracer1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes but wrapped with insulation it works better for air transfer than plastic. It works the same way as it does with custom headers or ported and polished heads. Wind resistance is just that. The less resistance the better. I polish the insides of my other intake tubes and use exhaust tape to wrap the with insulation around the tubing. At one time I did some crazy things and used the airconditioner to cool a copper snake I coiled around and insulated to a intake to see if I could cool the incoming air. It worked great. The problem was you had to run the airconditioner that took horse power away from the motor to give cooler air to make more horse power. Next I will mount the compressor to the rearend and use the drive shaft to run the compressor instead of robbing horse power away from.the engine.

I don’t know......like a golf ball, it flies much further and is aerodynamically more stable due to the dimples. It has less drag.
Would be fun to make a bunch of prototypes and test different theories. Would be fun to make clear intake tubes and flow test with smoke.

OP
OP
Eod1

Eod1

If you see me running, I would try to keep up.
Reaction score
I remember a while ago there was a devise that was being sold that went into the intake somewhere that made the air have a tornado effect. Anyone e remember what they called it?

Baddawg

Reaction score
[QUOTE="Eod1, post: 1273486, member.

The problem was you had to run the airconditioner that took horse power away from the motor to give cooler air to make more horse power. Next I will mount the compressor to the rearend and use the drive shaft to run the compressor instead of robbing horse power away from.the engine.[/QUOTE]

HA! Now that there is funny, I don't care who you are.

Perro

Reaction score
I installed a spectrum air intake with a black widow venom 250 series muffler on my Tahoe, left everything else original. on some of my posts there's photos that i took. MPG stayed about the same, just the sound difference and the reusable air filter made it worth it for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons