After market audio amplifier install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello Mike,

I don't think you need it, your radio (if it is the same as mine) doesn't even have a connector for it.

This conversion kit was made for several different radio conversions, and has stuff in it you don't need.

You only need the two black ones, from the harness, the connect to the harness of the car, to the connectors that went into your old radio. The other one you need is the antenna conversion cable. There is also a connector with a yellow RCA plug and a green/white wire (that is the VSS) I didn't put in the XM connector either, since I don't have XM.

Here is a pic with everything you can connect. (I have a USB cable in there too )

Ron

View attachment 199772

Is the middle cable with the short wires and connector for the rear DVD? I installed my radio today with the amp and I did not use that middle cable or the one I asked about above. I did hook up the XM antenna and the USB cable for later use and I still have to run the RCA cable to the back for the Camera but the GPS and the radio and amp work perfectly! Did you hook that brown connector to something?

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

OP
OP
Ron C

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The connector I labeled as connector4 ?

No I didn't use the brown connector, just the VSS wire and RCA plug

Forum statistics

Threads
Members