After market alarm system advice

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Hey all, With the build almost complete I can use a bit of advice. I'm wading thru all the youtube videos and online info to find an aftermarket alarm/anti-theft system. Most of the hype is about loud sirens, motion sensors and wireless notification if someone attempts to break into a car. I got that. But I'm not as concernd about loss from a break-in since it is covered by my insurance. What I can't insure is replacement cost if the car is stolen. So, I'm trying to find out which system actually makes it most difficult to actually start the car and drive it away. For instance, I having trouble getting details as to which systems include starter interupt and/or how they are armed/disarmed. I'm not real familiar with car alarm/anti-theft systems, so I could be missing something. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Last edited:

S33k3r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a viper installed by a local stereo shop. Actually, we have 3, with a 4th to be added in the next few months. It has an interrupt but, like you, I'm not entirely sure of the mechanism. I'll ask the shop at some point. It does require a wireless subscription, and the plan I chose has GPS, and 2 locations for wireless fencing; you get a notice when your vehicle leaves or enters those areas.

My kid got attacked by a dog, we weren't exactly sure where she was, so we used the alarm's GPS to get us there. She's okay, by the way.

Noggles

Reaction score
I got sold a remote kill switch when I bought my first new car back in 2003 that required a small key fob to always be near the vehicle and it needed to be moved before it would energize the relay that was installed in the underwood fuse block. Those were the only parts to the system. Without the extra fob and without it being moved (simply putting the keys in the ignition was enough), the truck wouldn't start. May look for something like that but I honestly don't remember the brand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518