AFM

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes M1, M2 M3 ,M4 disables the AFM on the hybrids it's still better to use a disable chip as you get access to the SUN overdrive gears and autostop... while in M4 it's locked out... i was getting like 17 in m4

with the chip i get 20 city and 25 on the highway (same highway mpg with AFM v4) with 91 octane

mpg is pretty consistent
My mpg is pretty consistent too even for being a big rig I'm not going to do the mod cause like I said doesn't bother me even in town mileage isn't that bad for using standard 87 proof gas just wondering what it was and why people hate it lol!

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My mpg is pretty consistent too even for being a big rig I'm not going to do the mod cause like I said doesn't bother me even in town mileage isn't that bad for using standard 87 proof gas just wondering what it was and why people hate it lol!

it's going to break then you will have to spend 3000-4000 to fix it...

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
it's going to break then you will have to spend 3000-4000 to fix it...
Eh oh well it works all I care I got other things to worry about if it's really that trouble some I'll trade it in enough said

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a
Eh oh well it works all I care I got other things to worry about if it's really that trouble some I'll trade it in enough said

it's not even much trouble buying as it will increase the longevity of the engine... other wise use M4 instead... it's the free one

the disabler will pay for it self in about 6000 miles 17MPG >20MPG(depending on fuel prices just going by current price of 4.19 a gallon)

it ill keep cashing out money after that.. even compared to a normal l all ready saved about 2700 in fuel costs over the normal tahoe I should have the SUV paid for it self in fuel savings at about 160,000 miles.... this is why I have to make the engine and stuff last tell then...

OP
OP
A

Amaster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a

it's not even much trouble buying as it will increase the longevity of the engine... other wise use M4 instead... it's the free one

the disabler will pay for it self in about 6000 miles 17MPG >20MPG(depending on fuel prices just going by current price of 4.19 a gallon)

it ill keep cashing out money after that.. even compared to a normal l all ready saved about 2700 in fuel costs over the normal tahoe I should have the SUV paid for it self in fuel savings at about 160,000 miles.... this is why I have to make the engine and stuff last tell then...
But that's also installing doing a whole shit load of wiring and possibly messing up your computer if you do it wrong I just don't see the worth I get 18 mpg no problem if you keep your foot out of it pure and simple don't see the point think it pointless mine does fine on gas and its become my daily who else can say that

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
People might not like how it feels while driving.
People might not like how it sounds.
People might not have confidence in the mechanical longevity of the system.

It’s you’re vehicle do what you want with it. The AFM system is a known failure point in these engines. Regardless, they like clean, frequently changed often factory spec oil. This is especially important if you’re running the AFM system.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
But that's also installing doing a whole shit load of wiring and possibly messing up your computer if you do it wrong I just don't see the worth I get 18 mpg no problem if you keep your foot out of it pure and simple don't see the point think it pointless mine does fine on gas and its become my daily who else can say that

it plugs into the OBD port

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2